Senior software engineer (C/C++)
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware Horizon Remote Experience Mobility is transforming business. From the constant proliferation of mobile devices, to new mobile form factors, to applications and services that empower a workforce, engage customers and re-imagine business processes, few trends will have as big an impact in transforming the way a business operates or contends in the market.
Business Mobility is causing a fundamental shift in three key technology areas:
Apps - Access to a portfolio of desktop, SaaS and mobile apps anywhere, anytime, using any device, including mobile phones and tablets, notebook computers, thin clients, MacBooks, or Chrome-books.
Infrastructure - A scalable set of services, for running a variety of applications and desktops, and for the centralized management of data, security and preferences, serving end users with varied devices.
VMware Horizon provides Desktops and Applications as a Service to enterprises.
The team is looking for a Senior Member of Technical Staff of R&D to provide technical expertise in our Remote Infrastructure and partners group in End User Computing Desktop. You will get to work on some of the more significant and interesting problems building on VMware's production-proven platform. You will chip in to our existing Remoting protocol stack to deliver applications and desktops from the cloud to various devices.
The ideal candidate is driven, has a real passion for building software with significant experience in Windows Systems development. The candidate must be a technical guide in complex software architectures. The candidate must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and be able to work closely with other junior engineers within and outside the teams that are spread geographically.
- Provide technical expertise for developing virtualization redirection features which are needed when remoting desktops and applications
- Participate in all phases of software development and support including requirements, design, coding, unit testing, debugging and performance tuning
- Develop strong interpersonal relationships with leaders from other development teams as well as cross-functional technical leaders QE, Documentation, and Release engineering in order to effectively execute on product goals
- Highly self-motivated and able to utilize time-management skills; excellent at task prioritization
- BS or MS in CS/EE or equivalent
5+ years experience in Software development with familiarity in multi-threading and concurrency
- Expert coding and debugging skills in C
- Strong familiarity with C++/object oriented design
- Development experience with Windows internals, Windows kernel-level development, hooking Windows API calls and Windows assembly debugging
- Windows Platform development experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Terminal Services protocols such as RDP
- Reverse Engineering skills with experience in kernel or user mode assembly debugging
Platform development skills on Linux, OS X
- Knowledge of virtualization and application virtualization technologies would be a plus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top