Senior Software Engineer
- Sofia, Bulgaria
The Platform Services engineering group is looking for talented software engineers to grow our engineering team. VMware is in its journey towards the Cloud and our team is part of this transformation. We are building a group of could-based services that enhance the vSphere functionality. We also play a key part in transforming our customers' user experience by using data to build a more personalized approach to providing prescriptive methodologies, resolving technical issues and predicting issues before they occur.
- Design and implement the next generation architecture of VMware's virtualization products
- Be part of a software development team working in collaboration with management, quality assurance, user experience and technical publications teams
- You will define/analyze the product requirements, write/read functional and design specifications, write/support the code
- You will perform code reviews to the rest of the team members and will receive code reviews of your code as well
- You will have to adhere to VMware internal processes during the whole development cycle - idea, patent, requirements, specifications, designs, implementation, bug fixing, QA, support, etc.
- Experience with product development or strong willingness to switch from outsourcing to product development
- General programming knowledge - object oriented principles, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- Professional programming experience in Java and related technologies
- Experience with distributed systems
- Confirmed background in fundamentals of computer science and development process
- Willingness to innovate, learn and share knowledge, invent and patent new algorithms and technologies
- Experience with enterprise architectures - remote method invocations, extensive, stateless designs, load balancing, SSL security, etc.
- Experience with web services (rest, soap, wsdl etc.)
- Experience with multi-tiered architectures (Service-Application-Presentation)
- Willingness to use different programming languages to address the specific product needs (Python, Batch Scripting, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work without close supervision and with dedicated visionary attitude
- Willing to practice into other roles like code review, pair programming, QE automation
- Excellent social skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with GitLab
- Experience with building and operating cloud services
- Experience with Python
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Working with cutting edge technologies and development processes
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, improved by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2014 revenues of $6.04 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that grows with crafting what's next in IT?
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top