Senior Software Engineer
- Yerevan, Armenia
Cloud Management Business Unit
VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualization software, is seeking Engineer with large scale distributed systems expertise for the VMware Cloud Management's Engineering Services team.
The Cloud Management group charter is to create platform, products and cloud services that deliver availability, performance, capacity and cost management of hybrid environments running anything from traditional to cloud-native workloads. The Cloud Management platform is the underlying infrastructure that provides stats collection, event handling and health management of objects. The Cloud Management SaaS and on-prem solutions rely on the Cloud Management platform to allow customers to do intelligent operations management, increase velocity by optimizing applications, decrease downtime, and radically reduce time to resolve issues. They are rapidly redefining metrics monitoring for the next generation of hybrid architectures by using a massively scalable approach that provides real-time processing of high-frequency system measurements.
This is an exciting area to work with multiple products and services in the pipeline in fast-paced work culture. Does working on cutting-edge enterprise products and services that solve large, real-world distributed systems problems and delivering them on a daring schedule motivate you? Then this job is for You!
Job Role and Responsibility:
As part of the VMware Cloud Management R&D team, you will work on full-time basis with the team of Engineers, developing the real-time data collection/processing and visualization system. You will make key technical architecture and development decisions while maintaining a very hands-on development role.
• Contributes in defining vision for their technical area
• Improves operational efficiency
• Has broad distinguishing technical expertise
• Develops innovative ideas and solutions for complex problems and projects
• Encourages innovation, creative thought and new ideas and / or solutions
• Performs independent analysis of a complex workload and initiates performance improvements in one or more subsystems
• Provides assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems
• Participates in development of long-range planning for new projects and facilities
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
• Good object-oriented architecture and design skills, with a working knowledge of data modeling and design patterns
• Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming languages ( C++/Java/C#)
• Ability to learn new programming languages quickly
• Good knowledge of mathematical and statistical principles and formulas
• Complete understanding of both Agile and Traditional SDLC: requirements analysis, implementation, unit testing, peer reviews, code reviews and integration management
• Ability to work in a team environment in close cooperation with other members of the company's team worldwide
• Knowledge of database technologies as well as networking and operating systems from the software engineering perspective
• Knowledge and experience in structural design of rich, intuitive, modular and interactive graphical user interfaces
• Knowledge of cloud architecture reliability, resiliency, scaling and management principles and experience working with AWS, GCE or Azure cloud infrastructures is highly appreciated
• Background in statistical analysis and/or modeling
• Knowledge of theoretical and applied informatics
• Ability to investigate and resolve resource/feature/time conflicts
• Ability to manage and realize problem solutions within a specified time range
• Demonstrable creativity and analytical thinking
• Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
• Excellent command of English (oral and written)
• Strong documentation skills
Education: B.S. in Computer Science, Math or Physics
Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 6 years of related experience.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 20 calendar days paid vacation, 5 days company paid sick leave, regular team buildings and celebrations
- All VMware people and all applicants for employment will be treated fairly and given equal opportunity in all aspects of employment including compensation and benefits, irrespective of their race, color, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or ethnic origin
Tanzu Observability by Wavefront
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You are looking forward to learn and use leading edge technologies. You like to work on complex problem finding elegant and high performance solutions. You appreciate team collaboration and team work.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront, leading observability platform for enterprises in the cloud era, dramatically fast growing delivering high demanded features to market. You will work on improving Enterprise aspects providing data protection high standards and user-friendly environment for managing big and complex organizations for multi-cloud SAAS.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In next 12 month you work on such aspects of Tanzu Observability Enterprise Redness as improving customer onboarding experience, telemetry security, effective management for high scalable systems and auditing .
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Most of your time will be spent writing high-quality code with excellent test coverage using Java/Kotlin/C++. You can expect to be the owner and take accountability for the quality of your code. Collaborate with a local and remote development team, UX designers and product managers. Participate in team meetings following to agile development methodologies
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for the role is George Oganesyan, R&D Senior Manager, MAPBU. He has 10+ management experience of driving development processes, last 3 years managing TO development team in Armenia
George's propagates management philosophy when team of motivated engineers self-organizing finding ways to best solutions, and any team member can put in use and develop his professional skills and ideas.
The team consists from 16 SW engineers working close with Project Managers, UX designers and Quality Assurance team.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top