Senior Software Engineer
- Sofia, Bulgaria
The VMware Cloud Director team is looking for a full-time senior engineer to help drive the evolution of our product: https://www.vmware.com/products/vcloud-director.html.
Our product is servicing a large community of service and cloud providers and it is responsible to provide a multi-tenancy layer on top of the existing VMware technology stack. We allow hundreds and thousands of customers to run virtual machines in this multi-tenant environment via their VMware-defined clouds.
Are you passionate about high-quality software and code standards? Do you enjoy working with world-class engineers, who push themselves and their peers to the limits? Can you meet bold delivery dates and work with tight schedules?
If you like to work on meaningful problems, develop products for cloud scale, and solve real customer issues, this job is ideal for your. You will be working primarily with Java, Spring and Postgres to build backend services and RESTful APIs which our partners use to build extensions on top of our platform.
As a member of our team you will develop and improve the Cloud Director product working closely with other specialists and product managers in our organization in Sofia and Boston. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop key product features related to extensibility
- Solve technical challenges related to large data manipulation and high-performance systems
- Both share your knowledge and learn from the rest of the team
- Develop a keen understanding of cloud architectures
- Apply for patents on groundbreaking work in the cloud management space
- Take the initiative to improve our products, tools, and processes by taking into account the global goals of the company
- Engage directly with cloud providers to understand better their use cases and problems to tackle
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Deep understanding of core computer science fundamentals as algorithms, data structures, operating systems, distributed systems, and multi-threaded programming
- Ability to work fully independently on assignments as well as a part of a distributed team
- Ability to mentor others and passion to share your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team
- Flexibility in learning new programming languages, frameworks, and tools
- Proficiency with Java and Spring
- Good understanding of databases and Postgres is considered a strong plus
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Knowledge in the networking domain is considered a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Opportunity to tackle tough problems as part an elite engineering team
- Attractive compensation package with competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, and long-term incentives
- Individual career growth enhanced by learning and development programs, objective performance assessment, and opportunity to work with international teams on various projects
- Healthy work environment with company sponsored medical insurance program, sport activities, and open communication
- Work-life balance tailored to your needs, paid vacation, paid sick leave, regular celebrations events
VMware Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be treated fairly and given equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment, including compensation and benefits, irrespective of their race, color, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or ethnic origin.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top