Senior Software Engineer
You'll be part of a bright engineering team that has a culture of open communication, collaboration, and innovation. We are looking for engineers who have a strong self-directed work ethic and make it happen mindset.
Applicants are expected to be articulate, detail-oriented and highly analytical. You will be working with teams all across VMware. You will participate in all phases of product, including: gathering requirements/user stories, system architecture, the design/prototyping process, authoring specifications, implementation, and testing for features developed.
Applicants should exhibit experience in building distributed applications, APIs and fault-tolerant solutions. Members of the team focus on highly scalable solutions. Experience in the use of virtualisation and container as a key technology to design and implement applications that solve real-world problems is required.
- Be an individual contributor in an R&D development team working on the following areas:
- VMware Ecotools System Platform (ESP)
- The development work will include both frontend and backend with the following skill set requirements, mainly focusing on the following areas;
- Backend: Java, Spring Boot (or Play framework), Microservices architecture
- Familiarity with OAuth, JWT, SAML, SSO, Authentication, and Identity Federation
- Experience designing public web service APIs
- Familiar AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
- Other: MySQL, Elasticsearch, Git
- Collaborate with a group of software engineers (local and offshore) to deliver on software projects using proven development processes (Agile/SCRUM).
- Work with internal customers (Product Management and Development) to gather requirements to deliver creative solutions that meet needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and realistic implementation schedules.
- Work with Infrastructure teams such as DevOps, ITOps, and Networking to drive high levels of customer satisfaction for tools engineering solutions.
- 5~7 years experience on designing and developing of highly reliable, available and distributed services.
- Excellent presentation, interaction and communication skills along with the ability to collaborate effectively across functional organizations.
- Experience participating in agile and test driven development models.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Strong initiative and the desire to experiment with new technologies
- Hands-on experience with technologies and methodologies like: Java, OOP, MVC, and Play Framework
- Knowledge of AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes is a plus
- BS/MS degree or above in Computer Science or equivalent engineering
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top