This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and therefore any potential offer of employment is contingent upon verification of candidate's U.S. citizenship.
Virtualization is at our core. With the rapid rise of cloud services and end-user expectations of access from anywhere, enterprises are struggling with how to enable their users to be productive and securely access their applications from any location on any device. Desktop and App Remoting is one of the key technologies that can bridge this divide by supporting any network connected device, while still giving IT the control they require. As part of the Virtual Workspace Services team, we deliver secure remote access to virtual desktops and apps while enabling end users to access them using a broad spectrum of computing devices. We are focused on the reduction of cost and complexity, while adding value to the IT customer as well as the end user. IDC, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and other market analysts rate this technology as a game changer in a high growth area over the next 5 years. When you choose VMware, you are choosing to be a part of that elite group of game changing talent. Join us in working towards transforming computing, and moreover, changing the way business is done.
VMware Horizon Cloud delivers virtual Desktops and Applications as a Service to enterprises.
More information at: https://www.vmware.com/products/horizon-cloud-virtual-desktops.html
The Horizon Cloud Services team is looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer with a diverse set of experiences and skills to deploy and operate VMware's SaaS services in Azure(AKS) GovCloud environments for public sector customers. As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will provide service insight, response, and low touch management to maintain high service reliability, availability, integrity, confidentiality, compliance, and performance at scale through extensible services and platforms, data insights, automation, and product feedback.
- Deploy and operate Horizon Cloud Services and supporting infrastructure components in Azure GovCloud regions.
- Work closely with development teams to improve maintainability and reliability of services.
- Able to apply SRE principles in the day-to-day activities.
- Handle seamless upgrades of infrastructure and services through automation.
- Identify, gather, analyze, and automate responses to key performance metrics, logs, and alerts.
- Ensure compliance with high security standards including inventory and access control monitoring and reporting.
- Conduct 5-whys incident reviews to analyze failures and prevent recurrence.
- Provide service support by participating in regular on-call shifts responding to service issues.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date, clear, and effective operations automated responses and playbooks.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and independence.
- Experience administering Linux systems and networks in a production environment.
- Experience providing on-call support for high priority incidents
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- 3+ years of experience in networking
- Proficiency coding in Python, Shell and/or Bash.
- Basic understanding of Java web services.
- 3+ years of experience in any public cloud
- Troubleshoot complex environments that require networking, server, virtualization, security, and platform & deployment expertise.
- Actively work on production issues related to DaaS (Desktop as a Service and Horizon 7) under 24*7 environment
- Experience operating, troubleshooting, and scaling online services
- Experience in supporting Horizon View (VDI) will be a definite plus.
- Experience creating reliable and resilient process automations based on software engineering principals.
- Experience reviewing security scans and remediating vulnerabilities
- Experience working in secure cloud environments
- Familiarity with security issues in the cloud such as intrusion, vulnerability detection, privilege escalation, lateral movement, and data exfiltration.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting solutions
- Experience with Change Management processes and functions
- Experience with various data management technologies including relational and non-relational databases and message queues
EUCEngineeringUSA referral campaign
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.