Senior Sales Manager - India
- Bangalore, India
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data centre to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data centre to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
Designation: Senior Manager Sales
• Meet & exceed Zonal Sales revenue target.
• Must have worked in the region for at least 5 years in a Manager/Leadership role.
People management role:
• Leading the Regional teams to manage the end-customer revenue and the Commercial Channel revenue for the zone
• Responsible for the revenue in Commercial segments
• Development of long-term strategic business plan as well as quarterly tactical plans to execute business. Execution of Regional Plan and Key Business development initiatives
• Timely monitoring of Sales team Business performance and working with the category / AP teams to ensure adequate support
• Working with Partners to drive Feet on Street Sales resources in the region. Cross-functional Coordination with other teams like Marketing, Channels, etc to grow the business.
• Analyses and understands of win/loss results for owned accounts.
• Works with and leverages external partners to deliver sales
• Responsible for achieving/managing quota based on regional guidelines
• Ensure timely and accurate forecasting for the region.
• May provide technical assistance within selling process
Education and Experience Required:
• With at least 12 - 15 years of sales experience.
• Should have at least 7 - 8 years of commercial account Management experience
• Must have handled at least 5 sales people.
• Detailed knowledge of key customer types or customers on given products
• Good communication Skills, preferably with management education background
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• IT awareness and solution development capability.
• Can differentiate between own offerings and what competitors offer using marketing information
• Applies specialized knowledge to assess client's business and identify opportunities to extend current business in the account.
• Work as a member of a team in providing support and giving input regarding account opportunities.
• Ability to provide account planning support to sales team.
• Negotiation skills and ability to frame the value proposition for the customer.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Be able to utilize resources effectively in or order to pursuit revenue generating opportunities in the account.
• Develop knowledge about product and services to be able to sell transactional.
• Ability to prioritize and drive strategic sales activity on a product and services basis.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
COMMERCIAL / Enterprise Account Prospecting
Aggressively prospects for opportunities in COMMERCIAL / Enterprise accounts and shapes offers in pursuit of new business
Territory-Driven Prospecting: Aggressively prospects for opportunities in assigned territory and shapes offers in pursuit of new business opportunities
Account Acquisition & Leadership: Establishes confidence in VMware's account management and ongoing ownership of customer satisfaction in partner-driven deals
Deal Advancement & Closing: Negotiates and drives deals to ensure successful closes and high win rates
• Assists and supports value-oriented partners in effectively preparing for and pursuing deals Pipeline Management
• Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipelines to ensure continuous population and movement of near- and long-term opportunities
Supports sales strategies and activities that effectively and efficiently target HP's efforts and resources to closeable wins
Demonstrates a high level of motivation and entrepreneurial ability in supporting the pursuit and closing of deals
• Applies partner and internal resources effectively and efficiently to advance sales opportunities Solution Acumen
• Demonstrates comfort with IT and/or industry, solution, product, service knowledge -- easily integrates/applies these perspectives to solving business needs
Demonstrates the ability to lead, manage or enlist the support of others in the absence of formal authority
Priority Setting/Time Management:
Demonstrates time management sensibilities when scheduling, allocating and prioritizing commitments
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top