Senior Revenue Analyst – Revenue Operations
- Cork, Ireland
Role: Senior Revenue Analyst - Revenue Operations
Location: Ballincollig, Cork, Ireland
Reporting to: Manager, Revenue Operations
The Senior Revenue Analyst will be part of the Revenue Operations Team and report to the RevOps Manager, Revenue Operations. Revenue Operations is part of a wider Revenue Team comprising 100+ people.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have a great attention to detail, strong analytical skills with an ability to research and problem solve. Ideally the candidate will also have a proven interest in systems and reporting.
Primary roles will include supporting reviews and investigations relating to RevStream 5x system entries, system edits and other monthly close responsibilities related to the Revstream system operations as well as day-to-day operations to monitor and maintain the Revstream system. VMware is a rapidly growing company with opportunity for learning and professional advancement.
The Responsibilities are as follows:
- Support period end close activities, including journal entries, reconciliations, BS and PL flux analyses, and presentations to management
- Ensure that requests sent to the shared mailbox are actioned on a timely basis
- Provide Revenue guidance and support to the team to avoid potential revenue recognition issues and ensure compliance with internal revenue policies
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements and automating manual processes where possible
- Assist with system related revenue and deferred revenue analysis
- Collaborate with IT and FSS team to resolve system related matters
- Assist with ad-hoc requests
- Preferred: Part-Qualified or Qualified Accountant and Audit Experience is a plus
- 2-5 years' experience in a finance role, preferred: 1+ years revenue accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of accounting systems and process flows
- Working knowledge of ASC 606
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work with all levels within a company, strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw conclusions, and effectively present information to managers, peers, and other organizations within the Company
- Ability to prepare processes documentation
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Proven PC skills with excellent Excel skills including multiple formulas, pivot tables
- Oracle, SAP or similar ERP system experience, SAP HANA, BI reporting, SQL, Revstream experience preferred
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top