Senior Revenue Accountant - Contractor
- Cork, Ireland
The VMware Revenue Accounting team is seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented Experienced Accountant to work with the MAPBU. Specific responsibilities will include the review of software subscription agreements and professional services statements of work (SOW), review of all paperwork for deals booked to ensure compliance under the Revenue Standard (Revenue Standard ASC606), participate in ongoing projects, and support General Ledger monthly close process and reporting.
- Understand revenue recognition criteria and policies in order to read and interpret terms and conditions in agreements (Revenue Standard ASC606)
- Pre-review of potential deals to ensure accurate revenue forecast
- Support Professional Services Organization including review and approval of Statements of Work (Professional Services Agreement)
- Provide Revenue guidance and support to Deal Management Teams including pre-booking review of non-standard arrangements
- Perform monthly close tasks, including preparation of various journal entries, accruals, allowances and reconciliations.
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements and automating manual processes where possible
- Participate in ongoing projects to improve processes, implement new systems and integrate with other systems
- Prepare and analyze monthly / quarterly financial reports
- Adherence to Revenue SOX Controls, including checklist preparation
- Assist with audit requests as needed
- Perform SSP analysis and present the findings
- Review memos and update process documents
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Qualified accountant in CPA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Experience in a Finance Department of a Multinational Environment or large practice background
- Extremely accurate with attention to detail
- Possess drive and initiative to embrace opportunities in enhancing knowledge and skills
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general revenue documents and contracts.
- Business level English
- 3-5 years post qualification experience
- Knowledge of ASC 606 and other accounting rules relating to software and services revenue recognition
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people, strong interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions
- Solid PC skills with excellent Excel skills, Preferred: Workday/ Zuora/ RevPro/ RevStream/ SAP/ Oracle system experience
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top