Senior Python Backend Engineer
- Sofia, Bulgaria
VMware's Open Source and Security team is seeking a strong backend software developer to develop security scanning solutions aiming to improve the productivity of VMware R&D unit. The RDOSS team is a central engineering group within Cloud and Productivity Engineering (CPE) who builds and operates world-class services. We are a seamless engineering partner for Product R&D, Product Security, the Open Source Program Office, and Release Management.
Our development group drives huge business and engineering impact for VMware. We have a proven track record of solving complex problems and offering efficient solutions to our end users that reduce and automate complexity.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in core software engineering skills, including debugging, analysis, problem resolution, writing maintainable software, and translating requirements into implementation.
Experience in the realms of Open Source development methodologies, "Upstream" contribution, License Compliance, and/or DevSec is desirable but not required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement backend solutions to satisfy Open Source and Security development business processes and automation requirements
- Develop deep technical understanding of VMware Product Engineering, and Release Management processes to help build the best solutions
- Champion solutions that create the highest possible impact to the productivity of VMware R&D.
- Rapid prototyping and iteration of solutions that demonstrate the effectiveness of new ideas
- Be a technical leader by driving design, translating requirements, reviewing code, and mentoring peers.
- Maintain a healthy development community using Open Source development practices
Skills and Requirements:
- Solid experience in software development
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Experience with Web Application frameworks such as Django or Node is a plus
- Experience in software architecture, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures is a plus
- Ability to write elegant and optimal code as well as refactor existing code to meet high design standards
- Good relational database experience. Postgres preferred.
- Effective communication skills in a geographically dispersed team
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with K8 and/or Docker, Artifactory, Jenkins
- Experience building or using CI/CD development tools/pipelines
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top