Senior Program Specialist, Operation & Communications
- Beijing, China
Position: Senior Program Specialist, Operations & Communications
VMware China R&D Center has more than 700 employees and is one of the top global VMware R&D centers around the world. Founded in Beijing in 2007 with a Shanghai office in 2011, it engages in the development of VMware's core products including the software-defined data center, hybrid cloud, and end user computing. Through disruptive innovation, local talent cultivation, and cooperation with local partners in cutting-edge technologies and solutions for the Asia-Pacific market, VMware China R&D Center makes the commitment to global and local talent in China, Innovation for China, Go-To-Market with Chinese partners to foster fast growth of the local market demands, and facilitates Chinese customer's journey to the cloud era.
- Manage multiple programs and projects end to end with little to no supervision/guidance including scheduling, logistics like budgeting, and alignment with the leadership team on goals, KPIs, and desired outcomes.
- Branding: Deliver China R&D's vision, strategy, impactful innovation and the advantages of talents to external audience and community.
- China R&D Official WeChat account management
- Executive Linkedin account management
- China R&D Introduction brochure editing
- China R&D Intro deck for external editing
- Senior leaders' bio editing
- Internal comms
Global comms: Advance the advantage and strength of China R&D and promote cross-sites engagement/collaborations
- Work Quarterly bilingual newsletter covering engineering and non-engineering topics
- Timely recap for key events by newsletter
- China innovation achievements and community influence stories
- Successful cases of customer/field engagement
- China R&D intro deck
China comms: Employees understand corporate/site goals and priorities and how they contribute to the goals and promote China site a great place to work and develop career.
- Global/APJ company meeting/all- hands/kickoff/QBR/key events promotion
- Regular China R&D all-hands promotion
- Top talent narratives interview and editing
- Promotions for honors by newsletter and WeChat official account
- Site programs (innovation/talent/sustainability/D&I) communications
- Experience with project/program management and event support
- Strong analytical ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Graphic design, editing, video capture and editing skills
- Experienced in WeChat official account operation and familiar with popular social networking platforms
- Familiar with Slack, LinkedIn
- Creative thinking, self-motivated and willingness to work with a team in a fast-paced environment
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top