Senior Program Manager
- Bangalore, India
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
We need someone who loves leading programs, solving problems and learning new things. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You will lead programs impacting customer number one, our employees. The programs under your management impact our employees and help provide an innovative and delightful user experience.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
We want someone with a passion who can jump in and make an immediate impact on our programs. You are a strong Program manager with deep experience in leading large global initiatives that involve complex objectives and have multiple cross-site/cross-functional sponsors, owners and team members.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing? (Career path at VMware)
- You will be required to develop detailed IT work plans, schedules; project estimates, resource plans and status reports by balancing the business needs with technical constraints
- You will lead your program initiatives through both agile and waterfall delivery models; to execute to plan and deliver within budget and schedule
- You have the ability to reset, pivot and re-plan when requirements change while keeping partners on the same page
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis? (Tactical everyday job, talk to your team about what they do on a daily basis)-Look at your team's LinkedIn profiles-just a thought
- You will spend your time leading cross-functionally to define requirements, schedule, resource plans, integration plans, prioritize initiatives, and proactively identify/address potential setbacks.
- You are comfortable working with finance and managing large program budgets.
- You see the big picture and deliver on requirements by understanding and balancing contending demands for program scope, schedule, budget, risk, and quality.
- You foster an environment conducive to delivery of high-quality products and problem-free implementations using documented, repeatable standard methodologies.
- You have a good understanding of Technology concepts, prior experience in Colleague Experience or End User Computing
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
You will be part of the Colleague Experience and Technology Project Management Office. The CET PMO organization is the focal point of contact for all IT groups, and acts as the single interface between REW (Real Estate & Workforce), Finance, Audio Visual and IT Operation Teams to standardize processes, procedures, and vendors. Managed by Bhupinder Singh, the team prides itself on having delivered delightful user experiences for our colleagues through collaborative and innovative execution of our project portfolio. We appreciate our teams diverse skillsets and backgrounds that may complement your own.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, training, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top