Senior Product Manager/Product Owner/Architect, CDTO Modern Apps Platform
- Bengaluru, India
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The Chief Digital Transformation Office (CDTO) offers an opportunity to shape and drive VMware's Digital Transformation to enable Operations to scale and support VMware's growth. As a Senior Product Owner/Architect, you will be responsible for the CDTO Modern Apps Platform, a comprehensive approach to applications development and leveraging modern development tools and VMware's own Tanzu products portfolio. Using your strong product instincts and agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices, you will be in charge of feature definition, roadmap, and direction of the product.
The CDTO Strategy & Advocacy team can offer you opportunities to champion high impact initiatives, within a group fostering an entrepreneurial team spirit and a team culture to promote top performers to leadership positions at all levels.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
The CDTO Digital Transformation team is responsible for defining, among other things, VMware Apps Modernization strategy. As Product Owner of CDTO Modern Apps Platform, you will contribute to the development of the Platform and will work on the execution of cross functional digital transformation initiatives spanning IT, Modern Applications Platform BU, and Operations teams. You will be making data driven decisions in prioritizing the features to be build. You will partner with Product Managers and Product Owners across CDTO and Modern Applications Platform BU to shape CDTO Modern Apps Platform and drive adoption.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
Primarily activities for the first 6-12 months will be:
• Collaboratively define and drive CDTO Modern Apps Platform vision, strategy, and roadmap
• Working closely with Tanzu product team, understand latest features, integrate them into the CDTO Modern Apps Platform and identify use cases within CDTO where those can be leveraged
• Demonstrate leadership in IT management by producing strategic and innovative concept proposals pairing with IT Application Architects and IT Operators
• Work with CDTO teams to discover problems, drive product definition, design and prototype to create valuable, desirable and feasible solutions
• Become a thought leader in the use of Tanzu to drive VMware's digital transformation
• Build effective relationships with members of teams across the company
• Give feedback to the Tanzu product team on strategy & influence the roadmap
• Share ideas, solicit feedback, and collaborate effectively, as part of a high-performing team, to enable all members to be successful
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
Daily activities will include:
• Collaborate with engineers, designers, technical architects and other partners to provide solutions to CDTO Application Developers and Operations
• Apply user-centered design principles, lean an agile development methodology to modernize CDTO Processes, Systems and Applications
• Leverage your skills in PaaS solutions and enterprise middleware to drive technical architects and developers to get new features implemented for the CDTO Modern Apps Platform
• Leverage exposure to large scale hybrid PaaS & IaaS platforms to design applications with high availability & resiliency (3 or 4 nines).
• Recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
• Communicate and enforce best practices for building and running applications on VMWare CDTO Modern Apps Platform
• Provide technical direction for the development, design of Cloud Native architectures, standards, design, implementation approaches and systems integration for CDTO App Developers.
• Define and prioritize product backlogs
• Focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems, and accelerating the learning process to validate solutions
• Own and execute projects against clear project plans with well-defined milestones and business impact objectives
• Building strong working relationships with highly motivated, "type A" personalities through personal credibility and counseling skills. Drive consensus for team-oriented planning and decision-making
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
You will report into the Senior Manager, Digital Transformation but can expect to interact frequently with the Vice President, of Digital Transformation. As part of a relative flat organization you will have full ownership of your domain, will be required initiative and self-starter attitude, and will feel empowered and will have direct interactions with management. We are building a core team comprised of Business Generalists, Program Managers and individuals with Technical backgrounds, each contributing to different aspects of the work needed to enable CDTO with a Modern Apps Platform. Our expectation is that you will build skills over time and take advantage of such diverse team environment to develop into a well-rounded business leader who can move into future leadership roles within VMware.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
• Generous Time Off Programs
• 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
• Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
• Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
• Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our on-site pantries
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top