Senior Product Manager for Integrated SDDC
- Palo Alto, CA
- Do you have a passion for making IT infrastructure truly valuable to businesses?
- Do you love talking to customers, to understand what they want from their IT organizations?
- Do you want to collaborate on projects that will move a multi-billion dollar company into a solution focus?
If so, you might be perfectly suited to be a Senior Product Manager in our Enterprise Readiness and Cloud Foundation team!
As a Product Manager you're responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines. You possess business acumen as well as the engineering wherewithal to strategize, drive and bring the product to market. You'll work extensively with customers and cross functionally with product marketing, engineering, sales, corporate marketing and alliances to ensure whole product success.
As a Senior Product Manager in the Enterprise Readiness team, you'll help to drive a program focusing on increasing customer satisfaction across all VMware SDDC products, including virtualization, Storage, Networking and Management. Enterprise Readiness aligns processes, creates action plans, and utilizes its vital enterprise-reach to drive standardization and quality across VMware's product portfolio.
You'll also be the voice of Cloud Foundation customers. You'll spend significant time working to define solutions for VMware's Cloud Foundation software. Defining features, working with UX/UI teams, incorporating customer feedback, and helping to bring Cloud Foundation to market. Along the way you'll get to wrestle with hard technical problems, smart software developers and architects, great technical writers, and a team of PMs who love technology.
As a Senior Product Manager with responsibilities in Enterprise Readiness and Cloud Foundation you'll work across a number of different product teams, software engineers, and solution architects and engineers to communicate requirements you've gathered from a variety of customers to:
- Define and drive user stories and features, user personas, product features/requirements, roadmaps and release plans for product features.
- Identify customer needs for the platform and architecture, drive feature prioritization and work closely with engineering to deliver successful products.
- Lead the product feature planning process; ensure that the product set meets the requirements of all users who will interact with it, be they IT experts or procurement departments.
- Understand customer (both external, internal and partner) needs and requirements and represent them in Epic definitions.
- Work closely with VMware customers, developers, and key VMware stakeholders including Engineering, Global Support Services, Product Marketing, and Sales.
- Understand the market and competition for use case support as a means of driving adoption of VMware technology.
- Support planning, execution and go-to-market
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate should nevertheless be able to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data.
- Technical background with Architecture/Administration experience across Virtualization/Servers/Storage/Networking is important
- Superb written and verbal communication skills characterized by clarity and brevity
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of what's most important
- Dynamic and engaging speaker comfortable in front of audiences of all sizes
- Ability to prioritize projects and efforts according to business need
- Proven product management experience in Agile environments with Saas/Cloud experience
- Experience or knowledge in Security and Compliance
- Experience with Jira, or other agile product definition tools
- An MBA is a plus
This position is eligible for the CloudFoundationHiring referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top