Does building delightful cloud experiences interest you? Are you ready to be a part of a visionary platform that is the foundation of the most strategic SaaS services at VMware? Do you have a strong background in enterprise SaaS and thrive on working in a high-velocity team?
As a Senior Product Manager of the VMware's Cloud Services Engagement Platform (part of the Cloud Services Business Unit), you will own and define the experiences of how our customers use their on-premises software in conjunction with their cloud services (hybrid). The VMware Cloud Services Engagement platform powers services like VMware Cloud on AWS, VMware Tanzu portfolio and VMware vRealize portfolio. You possess business insight as well as engineering wherewithal to be able to strategize, drive, evangelize and bring your service to market. You will plan, prioritize, and drive the execution of your features and productize your features as a service. You will actively engage with product management teams across business units, engineering, product marketing, presales, customers, operations, support, and partners.
• Define the features needed for the unified hybrid experience that includes on-premises products and cloud services for VMware
• Collaborate/influence cross-functional teams to drive the vision/strategy for SaaS identity at VMware
• Work with teams of product managers, marketing and business teams across various business units in VMware to understand their roadmaps, evangelize, consult and promote your features
• Interact with customers and prospects to define market requirements and translate these into product requirements into MVP features and user stories
• Author detailed user-stories for your features, own and manage the launch of your features within specification, on time, and within budget by working with customer-experience, engineering, QE, and operations
• Represent VMware at conferences and other events
• 3-5 years of work experience as a SaaS Product Manager
• Knowledge of public cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, strong multi-tasking across a variety of critical priorities
• Exemplary skills in creative problem solving
• Superb verbal, written and presentation abilities. Able to partner with teams and influence people at all levels across functions is required
• A standout colleague with passion, initiative, and leadership ability
• BA/BS required; BS in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics plus, MS/ MBA preferred
• Travel up to 25%
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.