VMware International Limited - Work here. Transform everywhere.
At VMware, our people transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities. Where everyone is empowered to achieve success on their own terms. And together, we are shaping the future of business in a digital world.
We dare to reach our goals in a collaborative, thriving environment with shared values. The acronym EPIC2 (Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community) represents the hallmark of our VMware culture, and what we stand for as individuals and as a community.
We believe in building a highly collaborative team that thrives on resolving complex issues. Our mission statement is be the world's most proactive, customer obsessed team, delivering an unrivalled, end-to-end experience. From the first day, you can expect to be included in multiple opportunities to share your experience and knowledge of both technology and customer management.
- Supporting our most strategic Premier Services customers
- Focus on day to day SR resolution and proactively drive progress
- Meeting aggressive responsiveness and resolution targets
- Expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one VMware Product within 9-12 months of completing onboarding training
- Ability to deliver a consistent experience with high quality and effectiveness with minimal managerial oversight
- Leading on authoring Knowledge Base - high value on knowledge sharing
- Participation in mentoring, new hire events, and delivering technical training
- Capable of researching newly discovered issues
- VMware troubleshooting review (log analysis/troubleshooting process)
- Foster an enhanced relationship with CPD, Core R&D, and the Field Account teams
- Work closely with Account Managers to provide world class customer service to the client
- Provide formal root cause analysis on critical customer situations
- Manage account document repository ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Proactive Service and Relationship Development
- Conduct weekly semimonthly or monthly meetings for case reviews to identify issue trends and opportunities for corrective actions
- Proactive customer notification of training opportunities, product alerts, new KB articles and bug updates
- Provide technical assistance with support planning, upgrade and maintenance
- Investigate opportunities to build/ maintain internal technical environments for key customers
- Coordinate onsite visits in conjunction with customer management teams
- Review customers change management process / documents for gaps against known best practices
- Recommended 5+ years of industry experience
- Strong customer advocacy and relationship building skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong verbal communication, project management and problem-solving skills
- Account management experience and/or customer engagement responsibility is desirable
- The ability to analyze and determine the most effective method of problem resolution by utilizing applicable internal resources
- Ability to research problems and document their solutions
- Foundation level knowledge in [SME(s)]
- An ability to manage time efficiently, balancing competing priorities
- Available for on-call, after-hour rotations, or holidays with prior notice
Highly Preferred Skills:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent technical experience
- Hands on experience with VMware products
- Linux/UNIX kernel diagnostics/troubleshooting (at a level typically found in senior level 2 or level 3 Linux/UNIX support staff)
- Experience with operation and administration of large Windows Server and Desktop Environments
- Experience in administration of complex Storage Area Networks, including Fibre-channel and Ethernet based protocols
- Previous exposure to Cloud Management Platforms such as OpenStack, CloudStack, vRealise Suite, vCloud Director, including Networking enabled by software
- Familiarly of Clustering Technologies such as MS Cluster Server, Redhat clustering, Oracle RAC
- Experience with administering and querying/troubleshooting multiple database types e.g. MS SQL, Oracle, Postgres, MariaDB etc.
- Hands-on and working with key technology solution/language/tools e.g. CloudStack, OpenStack, AWS, KVM, libvirt, Chef, Puppet, Python, CMS, DynamicOps, API, etc.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.