Senior Pivotal Labs Account Manager
- Tokyo, Japan
About your potential future team:
The mission of Cloud Native Sales team is to lead Pivotal Labs services which includes not only building brand new apps but modernizing legacy apps, toward Japanese enterprise companies, by leveraging Pivotal Labs Tokyo resources and achieve individual business target through the collaboration with Pivotal Labs Tokyo team, Pivotal Japan sales team and business partners including DELL-EMC and VMware.
A typical day in this role:
This role focused on selling our Pivotal Labs offering and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective enterprise wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Pivotal's products and services, especially Pivotal Labs offering
- Consulting with organizations around, and creating an understanding of, the need to build software development competencies within their organization - help organizations to map a path of building that skill through our Pivotal Labs offering
- Build excellent client relationships offering value added, insightful and strategic input to their business
- New logo acquisition and working with existing customers to expand Pivotal's territory and product coverage
- Work with the Business Partner Sales channel to help them identify opportunities and then support them with their sales effort
- Working in conjunction with other Pivotal Sales Executives to drive the Labs sales proposition into our other accounts
- Become familiar with our products and services and learn about our global and domestic customer references and business outcomes to be an evangelist to prospects
- Provide leadership in the development of product knowledge, solution, sales and service strategies and competency development using the Integrated Sales Cycle
- Assist in preparation of pre-work, scoping and contracts for Pivotal Labs engagements
- Forecast revenues timely and accurately; Increase revenue and retention rates for specified key accounts
- Develop long term strategic accounts as well as to meet short term performance goals
- Represent Pivotal with integrity, maintain industry credibility, prospect for new business, and establish and strengthen relationships through presenting to various audiences and attendance
- Be the "Pivotal Ambassador" within DELL-EMC and VMWare - this involves communicating with the Country Manager, the Sales Directors and the direct and indirect sales teams, being up-to- date with market trends and positioning
- Collaborate upon Pivotal Labs resource utilization management with Pivotal Labs Office Director, design sell cycle along with local resource plan
- Communicate with local Pivotal Labs office director to understand the current on-going engagement status and find up-sell & cross-sell opportunities in the engagement
- Enable Pivotal Labs selling methods to Pivotal Japan team, business partners, DELL-EMC & Vmware team
- Arrange contracts by controlling customer's expectations and discussing with the Legal team internally and externally. And also handle some daily work around invoice and some documents based on customer requests.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of technology consulting sales experience with focus on IT
- Consistently outperform sales quotas in previous jobs, achievement driven and highly competitive
- C-Level and VP level relationships at key customer contacts (high end mid- market and enterprise)
- Advanced knowledge around Software Development Practices, Big Data Analytics Platform, In Memory Technology and PaaS
- Experience using a consultative sales approach
- Ability to work independently and leverage resources wisely when needed
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good partner management skill
- Innovative thinking and business oriented
- Able to qualify, execute and close business opportunity under minimum guidance and high pressure
- Team player, self-motivated and able to take ownership of assigned tasks
- Workable English communication skill. Many internal communications should be done in English
About our Tokyo Office:
Our Tokyo office is located in Roppongi Hills, where many startups and high-tech companies
reside. The design of our Pivotal Tokyo office is similar to our headquarters in San Francisco replicating a "Silicon Valley" style. Employees can enjoy Ping-Pong, meetups, food and drink and other activities.
Our team in Japan brings the product development excellence of Pivotal to the home of some of the most iconic consumer brands in the world. Here we work with Japanese companies, from the most established enterprises to the most innovative startups, to help them build successful products and teams. The vibrant street scenes around our location complement the energy and intense collaboration that we bring to every client project.
"This position is eligible for JoinTeamTanzu referral campaign"
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top