Senior PHP Developer
VMware Business IT (Engineering Applications)
Our organization supports VMware Engineering applications, set of systems used by engineering teams within VMware, by VMware partners and external customer. We handle various business domains like document management, license management, software updates delivery and many others. We value innovation and empower our employees to do their best work and grow their careers at VMware.
- You love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and can pick them up quickly
- You demonstrate strong technical architecture and platform engineering skills and can easily switch between technology paradigms
- You love working with some of the best engineers, product managers and architects around the world
- You strive to excel and to innovate
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years of experience with PHP
- Experience with PHP open source frameworks
- Experience with an RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience with Messaging Servers (RabbitMQ or other)
- Experience developing and using RESTful APIs
- Experience with Linux
- Extensive knowledge of software engineering principles, design patterns
- Experience with version control systems (Perforce, Git, etc.)
- Knowledge of DevOps and commercial product development practices
- Experience in interacting with clients and users for gathering requirements and creating functional specifications.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Strong communication Skills
Nice to Have Experience:
- Experience in Drupal CMS framework (Defining entities, views, and other elements via functional requirements, responsive theme/front-end development, custom module development, continuous integration workflows via features and custom modules, multilingual multisite Implementation)
- Experience with any NoSQL DB like MongoDB (preferred)
- Familiar with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top