Senior Partner Technical Account Manager
- Boston, MA
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. CloudHealth by VMware is looking for highly motivated individuals who will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service to ensure that customers, partners, and employees have a positive experience getting onboarding and ongoing training from CloudHealth.
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You love being on the front lines of the business working with our top tier partners, internal executives, and are looking for a role that would allow you to communicate technical context required to make improvements to the customer experience and software solutions. You are looking for an opportunity to be on the forefront of the cloud revolution and possess a strong technical background with experience supporting enterprise customers in a SaaS environment.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
We need a high-energy, creative individual with successful technical account management experience, solid analytical skills, strong technical acumen and a passion for Customer Success. As a Senior Partner Technical Account Manager, you will be responsible for implementing and maximizing our solution adoption and value realization. You will also aim to proactively prevent issues and resolve customer challenges. Finally, you will build strong champions of our product by being their trusted advisor.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
Immediately and in an ongoing manner you will:
- Consult with and advocate for your channel partners as you forge strong relationships to ensure they are getting the most from their CloudHealth investment and are utilizing the platform to its fullest extent to create a positive experience and outcome.
- You will be evaluated by the overall health and satisfaction of your channel partners as well as the level of adoption of the platform.
- Help set strategic direction, continual improvement of operations and processes and coordinate across globally complex organizations.
- Tackle complex architectures and manage major transformational initiatives to accelerate their cloud maturity journey.
- Be expected to use best practices to drive standardization and efficiencies across our customer base to ensure full value realization.
- Partner with colleagues in Channel Account Management, Engineering and Professional Services to ensure all customer needs are met.
- Address, evaluate and ultimately resolve technical issues / questions for customers, leverage available resources when warranted.
- Regularly be evaluated based on the net retention, growth, and success of channel partners.
- Streamline efficient execution of industry best practice strategies and plan enterprise-wide with disciplined strategic planning, management, and oversight.
- Advance adoption of Cloudhealth platform across regional and global teams by creating a well-communicated onboarding plan, encouraging enterprise-wide collaboration, and providing frequent assessments and reporting of results against common goal.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As part of CloudHealth's world-class Customer Success organization, you will:
- Utilize your product domain expertise and serve as your channel partners' trusted technical advisor and primary technical point of contact.
- Collect and analyze usage data to identify trends, advance adoption and create a positive customer experience.
- Be a primary point of contact for tech-related questions and coordination of issue management and problem resolution.
- Act as a customer advocate and convey customer requirements, feature requests, feedback, etc. to Product Management and Executive Leadership.
- Oversee and lead onboarding, strategic planning, consultative services, and product demonstrations on new features and services.
- Work with customers to develop value added, differentiated cloud managed services powered by the CloudHealth platform.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The senior leaders in the TAM organization have extensive industry and product-specific expertise as well as long tenures at CloudHealth.
The TAM team is made up of versatile professionals who are willing and able to learn new technologies. With technology constantly evolving over time, we are committed to hiring those with an ambition to learn, who possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, adaptability, strong communication abilities and intellectual honesty.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top