Senior Partner Solution Engineer - Dell Synergy Acceleration Team
- Stockholm, Sweden
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace. Our team of 20,000+ employees working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where phenomenal people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, partnership, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
VMware Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure solutions enable customers to achieve the agility, flexibility, and cost savings required for modern applications. As a HCI Solutions Engineer part of the Dell Synergy Acceleration Team, your mission is to grow the VMware HCI business via Dell EMC.
Are you a sales engineer as passionate about driving hyper converged infrastructure with your customers? If so, please read on!
Job Role and Responsibilities:
This Pre-sales Solutions Engineer will be technical, needing excellent communication skills, presentations skills, and speaking with crowds at all levels while accelerating the sales cycle, overcoming technical objections, and being the technical expert in the room. You will whiteboard, demonstrate, present technical material, qualify, and engage senior IT personnel in discussing storage & virtualization technologies.
Among your key responsibilities, you will:
- Work closely with Dell teams during sales cycles and opportunities development:
- Meet customers together with Dell Sales and Technical teams to promote Dell and VMware value proposition and solutions to help accelerate their digital transformation and provide deep dives on VMware's Hyperconverged Infrastructure vision, vSAN Product, VxRail appliances and VMware Cloud Foundation solutions
- Ensure success of customer Proof of concepts or Demo as required either remotely, leveraging Dell Solutions centers or, at customers' sites, and support Dell EMC teams in RFI/RFPs responses.
- Represent VMware at Dell EMC Executive Briefing Center meetings
- Support strategic VMware partners also aligned to Dell EMC
- Report pipeline and projects development to Regional Alliance Business Development Manager.
- Achieve and surpass revenue quota targets while securing "Light House" wins at reference accounts
- Develop & execute on a plan to enable Dell EMC pre-sales organization on VMware Sizing & assessment tools, technical knowledge on VxRail & VMware Cloud Foundation, HCI Full stack value proposition, enablement on competitive knowledge,
- Partner with VMware Engineering and Product management teams to prioritize customer feature requests into our future product roadmap.
- 5+ year's experience in a pre-sales role, ideally selling storage, software defined storage and/or hyper-converged solutions.
- Proven experience creating business plans, organizing channel sales campaigns, driving marketing campaigns and sales initiatives - all focused with the end goal of driving quarterly sales targets
- You should have experience and knowledge of various storage technologies/vendors and know how to position SDS/HCI among them.
- Strong IT infrastructure technical skills including x86 Server platforms and virtualization are mandatory.
- Experience solving system level problems including server failure, OS tuning, networking problems, and storage problems
- Strong customer facing presentation skills as well as the ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
- BA/BS or equivalent
Preferred Technical Skills:
We would love to see experience with VMware offerings including
- vSAN 2020 Specialist badge
- VCF VTSP
- VCP certifications (VCP-DCV, VCP-CMP, VCP-NV)
- SRM - Site Recovery Manager
- SAN Storage, Data Protection Solutions
- Familiarity with a broad range of application and infrastructure software is desirable
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top