VMware Cloud Foundation and HCI/vSAN are the cornerstones for the majority of Fortune 1000 in their Digital Transformation and Cloud journey. CPBU-SA is keen on sustainable growth and is in search of a software engineer who is passionate about making our products from early stage to maturity, solving some of the most complex questions, and turning strategy into results.
Job Role and Responsibility
- Design and develop the next generation of storage virtualization products.
- Work for complex distributed systems algorithms.
- Work on networking protocols native to VSAN and have the ability to debug vmkernel networking stack.
- Work with VMware kernel and management teams to ensure that features work seamlessly end-to-end and maintain product extensibility and compatibility.
- Work with Quality Engineers and ensure software testability, quality and stability.
- Work with the documentation team and ensure good quality documentation of the product and API.
• 6+ years of experience in developing and working with large scalable distributed systems written in C/C++
• You will possess strong analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills including the use of tools.
• You have strong coding skills in C, C++, Python, Kernel Programming
• You are a natural problem-solver and dive deep to unravel complex problems/issues.
• You bring good testing methodologies and a real passion for building quality products.
• You have validated experience working with highly scalable complex systems.
• You possess knowledge of distributed systems and applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with storage technologies
• Experience with File Systems
• Experience with storage IO stack
• Experience with Performance Optimization
JoinCloudStorage referrral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.