Senior MTS - VMKernel Core Team
- Palo Alto, CA
Senior MTS - VMKernel Core Platforms Group Job Description
VMKernel team is part of the Core Platforms Group responsible for ESXi operating system and core virtualization infrastructure.
We are looking for engineers interested in operating systems, systems software and distributed systems. Engineers get to design and implement novel operating systems techniques and algorithms for ESXi. They will work with various kernel teams to design and deliver new functionality, mainly targeted for virtualization workloads.
Requirements ( Must Have):
• MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, or a BS with a strong operating systems background.
• Strong C programming skills.
• Excellent understanding of operating system concepts and kernel components.
• Experience with low-level / kernel-level code development.
• Familiarity with kernel performance analysis and optimization.
• Experience with writing high-quality, well-architected and well-documented code.
• Strong analytical and debugging skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of x86 assembler, C++, Java, Perl, Python and other programming languages a plus
• Experience with SMP, memory and CPU power management, multi-tasking, device drivers a plus
• Good understanding of modern Intel and AMD x86-based processor architectures a plus
• Familiarity with one or more virtualization platforms a plus.
• Understanding of distributed system concepts a plus.
• Experience in designing and developing kernel level projects
• Experience in leading system software projects
• Experience in developing modular and extensible code.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top