- Palo Alto, CA
This is a quality engineer position in the VMkernel I/O hardware team at VMware. This team is part of Cloud Platform Business Unit and is responsible for enablement of emerging I/O technologies in vSphere. Areas of current focus include RDMA, NVMe, High Speed Ethernet and various protocol drivers. We also work very closely with VMware's ecosystem partners to enable Day-0 solutions. If you have a passion for delivering high quality low-level kernel components, then you will enjoy being part of this team.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and execute test plan against various I/O components (network/storage driver)
- Analyze feature requirements and create new test cases to validate new feature
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD infrastructure
- Modify test automation to work in a variety of private, hybrid, and public cloud environments
- Find product defects, validate fixes, follow up to closure
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex issues in distributed systems
- Proficient coding skills in Python
- 5+ years of experience in software development and quality engineering (proven strong automation skills is a big plus)
- Knowledge of DevOps tools like Jenkins, git, review board, JIRA, etc.
- Good understanding of the main operating system concepts: file systems, networking/storage stack, driver, etc.
- Familiarity with one of the major server virtualization platforms (VMware ESXi/KVM) is a plus
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently
- B.S/M.S degree in Computer Science or equivalent
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top