Senior Member of Technical Staff, NSX Policy Management Plane – (8+ years\\Java\\OOP\\Spring\\REST APIs\\Networking\\Overlay)
- Bangalore, India
What is Vmware's Flagship NSX product?
VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network. Virtual networks reproduce the network model in software, allowing complex multi-tier network topologies to be created and provisioned programmatically in seconds. NSX includes a library of logical networking services - logical switches, logical routers, logical firewalls, logical load balancers, logical VPN, QoS, and distributed security. A self-service interface allows users to create custom combinations of these services in isolated software-based virtual networks that support existing applications without modification or deliver unique requirements for new application workloads. Similar to virtual machines in compute, virtual networks are programmatically provisioned and managed independent of networking hardware. Decoupling from hardware introduces agility, speed and operational efficiency that has transformed data center economics.
What You'll Do
- You will design & develop networking functionalities in Java for the Management Plane of virtual distributed switch of the NSX product.
- You will collaborate with project team members and multi-functional product teams to execute product goals.
- You will proactively participate in design/code reviews.
- Bachelor's in computer science or equivalent with 8+ years of work experience [OR] Master's degree in computer science or equivalent with 6+ year of work experience
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming & Design, and data modelling
- Excellent coding skills in Java & deep understanding of Java Spring application framework.
- Experience in design and implementation of distributed, multi-tier enterprise applications, service interface and public (REST) APIs
- Solid understanding of Networking, Overlay and Virtualization Technologies.
- Must have previously participated in multiple major product development cycles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You get BONUS points if you have one or more of these skills:
- Prior software development experience in NMS area in any commercial grade routing/switching products as a module/component lead owning at least one key area.
- In-depth knowledge of L2 switching and forwarding concepts in network virtualization context.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top