VMware NSBU HCX team is seeking a Senior Engineer to design and implement next-generation cloud infrastructure and services. You will be joining a team of talented engineers to build the next-generation cloud infrastructure and services. You will be challenged to devise innovative ways to make our architecture meet the performance, availability and scalability requirements posed by the future Software-Defined Data Centres. You will participate in all phases of the software development life cycle; help maintain technical acumen in key technology areas to help guide the evolution of our platform. If you have a strong sense of ownership and a real passion for solving the hard problems, this is the right team for you!
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As a senior member of the HCX team, you'll be responsible for the design and development of high quality, well-architected software products with a specific focus on distributed systems, scalability, elasticity, and SLA guarantees. Participate in code reviews and knowledge sharing. Investigate functional problems, finding and fixing defects as needed.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 6+ years of industrial working experience in developing enterprise software.
- Be comfortable with working with a minimal amount of supervision
- Be comfortable at taking an abstract concept from high-level design to detailed implementation
- High-level expertise programming in Java
- Practical experience with REST API implementation
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Experience in SDN/Networking/Network Management domain is added plus
- Understanding of VMware NSX/NSX-T, OpensSwitch, Cisco N1K
- Understanding of Layer 2, Layer 3 networking, routing, micro segmentation and firewall services
- Experience of VMware technologies especially with NSX, vSphere and vSAN
- Experience in one or more of the technologies like containers, Kubernetes, KAFKA, Apache SPARK are desirable.
- Exposure to building and maintaining CICD pipeline is a plus.
- Strong diagnostics/troubleshooting ability by adding instrumentation/visibility and monitoring
- Communicate clearly and write well, competent in communicating in writing and on the phone.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.