Senior Member of Technical Staff
- Bangalore, India
Do you want to work on some of the most exciting aspects of delivering applications to end user in real time and accessing applications and/or desktops from the cloud to any device (mobile or desktop), and work with some of the strongest engineers in kernel development and application delivery?
VMWare's EUC Enterprise Desktop team is looking for a strong software engineer to support customers when they need their technical issues solved, develop and maintain products focused on remote desktop and application delivery. You'll be part of a seasoned and bright engineering team with a culture of open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success. We are looking for engineers who have a strong self-directed work ethic and a nimble mindset.
At VMware, you will be challenged to create innovative solutions for our customers by solving complex problems in a team-focused environment. If you are driven to imagine, define and deliver what's next for the industry and your career while unlocking your full potential, come to VMware. You will have the opportunity to grow in our flexible and dynamic environment, challenge your thinking, and influence the future of technology.
• Support high value external customers in solving their technical issues.
- Be able to come up with creative solutions for problems and dream up effective tools for debugging and customer support.
• Provide accurate engineering estimates
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a team
• Participate in specification, design, implementation, evangelism and support of the product, as well as improve existing features and product performance.
• Work on a small team of engineers on a daily basis, using Agile engineering practices and continuous integration
• Work with technical writers and support
• Bachelor or Master of Engineering degree, or equivalent with 6+ years of experience in system software design
• Strong knowledge of a OOP language, especially Java and/or C++
• Highly analytical and be strong in debugging
• Working knowledge of virtualization technologies including hypervisors, and virtual machines.
Highly desirable skills and experience
• 6 - 8 years software development experience using Java or C++
• Team player, with the willingness to work with distributed teams (VMware has teams all over the globe)
• Willing to travel (rarely) to customer site as needed
• Outstanding attitude and energy.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top