Senior Member of Technical Staff
- Beijing, China
NSBU, part of the VMware family, brings incredible new features and capabilities to the VMware virtual networking portfolio. Our products, technology and team, combined with the existing solutions at VMware, the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, form one of the fundamental building blocks in the Software-Defined Datacenter Strategy at VMware. Innovative companies use our products to accelerate service delivery from weeks to minutes, transforming their cloud data center operations and economics. Be an integral part of the future of the software-defined datacenter.
About NCP and Antrea
NCP is NSX Container Plugin. NCP aims to leverage powerful NSXT's networking capability to establish Kubernetes pod networks. NCP is successfully integrated with various VMware container solutions, including TKG, TKGI and Pacific project. NCP is the key project in Vmware to provide pod connectivity, Load balancer, Security in Kubernetes networking. We are supporting dozens of critical customers in various domains.
Antrea is an open sourced, light-weight, and high performant CNI network plugin, providing pod connectivity and network policy enforcement with Open vSwitch as data plane. Antrea project is Kubernetes centric and aims to leverage Kubernetes-native solutions as much as possible to deliver a next-generation container networking solution. Antrea provides a set of visualization toolkits to ease the troubleshooting and debugging flow for complicated network issues. To achieve the high-speed pod networking, Antrea also actively integrates with smart NICs to accelerate the traffic. There are many exciting features in roadmap of Antrea and we look forward to engaging more folks to realize them.
NSBU Beijing team is a strong development team contributing to a lot of key NSX components. Its responsibility crosses all layers, covering management plane, control plane and data plane. For this position, we are seeking talented engineers to work on the NSX support for container and various platforms.
- Design and develop components of next generation CNI plugins, including NCP and Antrea.
- Work on OVS, NSX management plane, control plane and data plane, including kernel modules, user space daemons, and distributed systems; problem analysis, resolution, and debugging.
- As a hands-on developer, capable of fully understanding the networking system and implementing and guiding the changes required to virtualize networking functionality and maximize virtual/physical I/O performance and scalability.
- Strong ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong debuggability and problem solving capability.
- Experience with highly distributed system.
- Experience with Go and Python language
- Deep understanding of container and Kubernetes.
- 2+ years of industry work experience and hands-on development.
- MS or above in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent English and communication skills and capability of cooperating with team member and remote peers.
- Experience with open source project development is a plus.
- Strong background of networking system is a plus.
- Experience with both kernel and user space programming is a plus.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top