Senior Member of Technical Staff
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is interested in joining VMWare's NSX software team. This software engineer will participate in many innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast paced and technically driven environment. You'll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture. We are looking for engineers who have a strong self-directed work ethic and make it happen mindset.
• Design and develop network virtualization software.
• Collaborate with US and India team member to work on NSX.
• Develop network virtualization features like LoadBalancer, DNS, DHCP, IPAM etc.
• Interact with product managers, and other development team members to translate loose requirements to completed stories and implement using Agile methodology.
• Perform system and component level design across the product and own delivery of those components.
• Communicate with all stakeholders/team members and provide updates.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
• MS/PhD in EE/CS with a minimum of 8+ years of development experience, with a couple of projects in the lead role.
• Strong coding skills in C/C++ with emphasis on writing modular, scalable code.
• Strong networking knowledge with switching, routing, firewall, vpn, loadbalancer etc.
• Familiarity with RESTful web service design.
• Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently and deliver products in a timely manner
• Strong self starter with a successful track record
• Experience working with cloud infrastructure platform is desirable.
• Experience working in large-scale systems is a strong plus.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top