Senior Manager Solution Engineering
- Bangalore, India
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on five solution platforms - Application Modernization, Multi-Cloud, Virtual Cloud Network, Digital Workspace and Intrinsic Security. Join our community - instigators of innovation and transformers of technology - as we envision and create what's next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 24,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
Why work with our Group
VMware Solution Engineering is the conduit between product engineering and the customer. This group services our customers in order to help them understand the business value and technical value of VMware solutions as well as provide specialist support for the design and recommendation of these solutions. The Solution Engineering organization is well respected by our customers as well as within VMware and considered thought leaders and trusted partners to our sales teams, product teams, partners, and of course our customers.
Job Title Senior Solution Engineering Manager
The role will manage, develop, and lead a team of 6-8 experienced Solution Engineers (SEs) and report directly to the SE Director, Solution Engineering, VMware India. He/she will be expected to manage and oversee the operations of the SE team for the India business, set clear objectives for its personnel, develop and deploy sound "go-to-market" strategies and programs which will ultimately drive significant increases in market share of existing and future VMware products and solutions.
This role will carry out the charter of the SE team, which is to work directly with the Regional Sales teams to drive interest and demand for specific products and solutions across the VMware stack. Individuals within the field SE team are regarded as technical experts and provide deep understanding of products and solutions across the five solution platforms mentioned above.
Required Background and Experience:
• VMware is seeking a seasoned leader with a minimum of 16 years of pre-sales experience in the technology domain (preferably Enterprise Software)
• 5+ years of experience managing or leading a successful presales/services organization preferably in the Enterprise Software space.
• Proven ability to work closely with field sales organizations involving joint client opportunity pursuits.
• Demonstrates ability to build, lead and motivate a team of highly experienced consultants and pre-sales engineers.
• The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of managing sizeable, high-performance teams and who has experience partnering with sales in order to grow product revenue.
• Should have been a leader of an organization whose members routinely exerted significant influence on the sale of business-driven technology solutions to client companies.
• Has excellent strategic planning and strategy deployment skills and must possess both a broad level of technology understanding and substantial operation and business acumen.
• Should maintain an understanding and working knowledge of VMware product lines and solutions as well as deliver VMware vision and company direction.
• Will be an active member of senior pre-sales leadership team focused on setting and driving organizational direction and priorities.
• Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of Cloud solutions, industry directions and trends.
• He/she should be an accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups. The ability to present extemporaneously is highly desirable.
• Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time, including international if necessary.
• Excellent communications, interpersonal, and motivational skills.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top