Senior Manager - Professional Services
- Tokyo, Japan
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community - instigators of innovation and transformers of technology - as we envision and create what's next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
Professional Services in Japan has been extremely successful enjoying phenomenal growth. Our Professional Services team put the customer at the core and is responsible for advising, designing and implementing VMware software to deliver true business value.
The Senior Manager of Professional Services is a critical leadership role. The primary responsibility is to lead, coach and groom a team of professional services sales executives (CSE's). These CSE's are aligned territorially to key VMware Enterprise customers and partners. The Services Sales Senior Manager plays a critical role in the success of the services business and is instrumental in the Services Leadership team. This role reports into the Regional (Country) Head of Professional Services.
Services is a people business and inspiring and building a tight high performing team is a must. The ability to form strong relationships internally and externally quickly and ability to communicate credibly and convincingly in all mediums is a must. The ideal candidate will have an IT services background and be an inspirational self starter, one that can lead by example and is not afraid to dive in and get things done.
- Live and drive the VMware Leadership Code
- Attract, recruit, train and develop a high performing services sales team
- Coaching and mentoring the team, identifying strengths and building team members professionally
- Developing sales strategies, setting sales targets for individual services sales team members
- Has uncompromising ethics and sales / business practices
- Quota deployment and territory assignment
- Drive profitable business on 90 day quarterly cycles
- Ensuring all sales metrics are exceeded (quota, attach, revenue conversion, pipeline generation etc)
- Ability to compile, analyze sales figures and make decisions / forward plan
- Development, enhancement and maintenance of a "Sales Excellence" program covering tools, people, process, cadence & enablement at the Regional (Country) level
- Ensure Sales hygiene and reporting cadence on sales pipeline / results /performance is accurate / current
- Establish credibility, develop / maintain effective relationships between the services function and other business units/functions
- Actively expand the Professional services customer base
- Leverage all routes to market to maximize sales success
- Lead from the front with regular Customer visits and sales calls to build pipeline
- Directly engage with any Major Account and manage any escalations
- Collect customer feedback and constructively feedback as appropriate
- Remain current with VMware products and competitors offerings
- Put Team first, enhances team culture and minimize attrition
Education and Experience
- Native level of Japanese and business level of English
- Need to have IT buisiness in Japan
- IT knowledge preferably with tertiary education qualifications
- Is self-motivated, energetic, dedicated, driven, tenacious, achiever, well presented
- Held a sales leadership / team management role for a services consulting organization for 5+ years
- Proven track record of quota over-achievement in a highly competitive environment
- Has managed and maintained a high performing sales team spread over a geographic region
- Proven ability to build long term strategic relationships and effectively sell to senior execs and CIOs
- Must be a strategic thinker and have the ability to execute that strategy in a well defined plan
- Experience working in a matrix technology business, with proven expertise in engaging with a broad and diverse internal stakeholder base
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a natural flair for presenting to diverse audiences
- Has a strong Business and financial acumen
- Strong Industry knowledge in cloud technologies, virtualization, end user computing and application modernization
- Willing to travel up to 50% domestically and internationally as required.
PSOJapan referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top