Senior Java Software Engineer - vRealize Orchestrator
- Sofia, Bulgaria
The VMware Cloud Automation team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help drive the evolution of our next-generation Cloud Management Platform. We are a pivotal part of the Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) and our software is responsible for handling machines and applications in hybrid cloud environments. Our products, vRealize Automation and vRealize Orchestrator, are used by Fortune 500 companies to run hundreds of thousands of virtual machines in public and private clouds.
Are you passionate about high-quality software and code standards? Do you enjoy working with world-class engineers, who push themselves and their peers to the limits?
In that case you would be an ideal addition to our team as you will get to work on meaningful problems, develop products for cloud scale, provide highly-performant interfaces to very large data sets, tackle interesting challenges, and implement self-healing systems. Our products are undergoing rapid change, and most of your work will be on new code using some of the most current frameworks and libraries. The exact area of the product that you work on will depend on your skills and interests.
You will help us translate our vision for a cross-cloud architecture into a scalable, micro-services based product. You will build extraordinary products and architecturally-sound systems that are aligned with our business needs.
- Extensive experience in Java development
- Deep understanding of core computer science fundamentals as algorithms, data structures, operating systems, distributed systems, and multi-threaded programming
- Ability to work independently on assignments as well as a part of a distributed team
- Flexibility in learning new programming languages, frameworks, and tools
- Experience with test automation frameworks is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Opportunity to tackle tough problems as part an elite engineering team
- Attractive compensation package with competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, and long-term incentives
- Individual career growth enhanced by learning and development programs, objective performance assessment, and opportunity to work with international teams on various projects
- Healthy work environment with company sponsored medical insurance program, sport activities, and open communication
- Work-life balance tailored to your needs, paid vacation, paid sick leave, regular celebrations events
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top