Senior Java Engineer - Common Services team, VMware Carbon Black
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Carbon Black Cloud (CBC) platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. We live and breathe distributed systems leveraging highly scalable and robust microservice architectures and polyglot technology stacks.
Our fairly new Cyber Security products development team in Bulgaria is growing and we are looking for bright and open minded engineers to become our colleagues. We are fun and yet responsible, we cherish the "can do" spirit, but we also learn from our mistakes and last but not least, we have the "you build it, you own it" mindset, but we do that as a team;
You have the opportunity to join us early in our journey and grow your career with us as we grow as a team.
What You'll Do:
We have an open position for the role of an experienced backend software engineer with interest in building and monitoring highly scalable enterprise distributed systems. You will join us as part of a coherent end-end scrum team (5-7 people), yet you will be exposed and will collaborate with the larger group of engineers, designers and product managers within the CBC platform. With us you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead Initiatives to deliver major product features in a highly-scalable microservice environment, implemented on AWS.
- Contribute to product direction in design discussions.
- Collaborate with team to build upon and improve microservices architecture.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Proactively move the technology base to use the latest tools and frameworks for best performance; considering costs and scale.
- Collaborate with product management, DevOps, backend, and front-end engineers to deliver the right solution.
- Support existing production code and improve performance and customer experience.
What You'll Bring:
- Passion for software development and ability to thrive in fast-paced environment where the focus is on value delivered, not tasks completed
- 5+ years experience in designing and delivering commercial software products.
- Strong expertise in Java
- Demonstrated aptitude in quickly mastering new technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience developing and supporting enterprise-level SaaS product including on-call activities
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with highly scalable distributed systems and service oriented architectures
- Experience with cloud-based deployment (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with different authentication and authorization methods and protocols.
- Experience with Spring framework
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top