Senior Java Cloud Services Software Engineer, Blockchain
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Exciting opportunity for Senior Cloud Service Engineer in our Blockchain Engineering team. You will be working with a team of engineers dedicated to making the VMware Blockchain Platform the dominant Enterprise Blockchain solution, as well as making significant contributions to the design, development and operation of service.
At VMware, we are fundamentally building the Enterprise Blockchain with innovation, enterprise-grade capability, and solutions that will power blockchain in every market sector including financial, retail, and supply chain. The VMware Blockchain solution is deeply engrained with unique technical innovation as well as ensuring it meets enterprise product needs for real world Blockchain applications.
VMware's blockchain platform is a multi-cloud, multi-blockchain hybrid SaaS solution. Our team works on cutting edge technology to deliver improved management and security tools for our own blockchain environment as well as others from across the industry. You will work with a team of talented and supportive individuals from across the world as well as members of the academic community and VMware's Research Group in this role. Our team values diversity, collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware's EPIC2 values.
Are you ready for your next great challenge with the Blockchain Engineering team in VMware?
- Work with a team of engineers to provide deployment, management and monitoring of Blockchains both on premises and to different cloud providers.
Participate in all phases of the software development process in a DevOps model
- Working with an agile team, provide detailed scheduled estimates for development efforts.
- Collaborate with other technical leaders in the larger organization to deliver and maintain the enterprise class software product
- Help maintain technical acumen in key technology areas to help guide the evolution of our platform
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on high-availability services at scale.
- Significant development experience with Java 8+.
- Experience with Spring Boot 2.x preferred.
Experience designing API first software (Swagger)
- Knowledge or experience in API's integration SOA: REST Webservices, SSO implementation (SAML, OAuth)
- Knowledge in VMware products, specifically Cloud related solutions such as: vSphere, vCenter, ESXi/ESX or contending cloud solutions and products preferred.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/Mercurial/ SVN
- Expertise with DevOps practices and CI/CD tools
Deep understanding of distributed computing concepts in practice
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment, including quickly getting up to speed with new technologies.
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to lead challenging demands.
Who you are:
- Self Starter - Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong collaboration skills with a "Team First" mentality.
- Technical engineering excellence, innovation in everything you do.
- "Growth" mindset in tackle problems and creating great solutions.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years experience in an equivalent role
- MS/BS in CS/EE or equivalent
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
This position is eligible for the JoinBlockchain Enhanced ERP Campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top