Senior iOS/macOS developer
- Bangalore, India
Senior IOS/Mac OS Developer:
Why would I enjoy this new opportunity?
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of software engineering, and you love solving problems and learning new things. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You are looking for an opportunity to work for a company whose software is utilized by every Fortune 500 company and significantly impacts every industry. You want to be a part of a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers' business objectives.
Workspace ONE is a digital workspace platform that simply and securely delivers and manages any app on any device by integrating access control, application management and multi-platform endpoint management. It is available as a cloud service or for on-premises deployment. The team manages critical services which offer secure access management solutions.
Explain the vision for this role; What is the primary need, technical challenge, or most significant problem you are going to solve?
Our goal is to enable Workspace One-Unified Endpoint Management platform to scale and manage billions of devices across various operating system platforms and device types. As part of the UEM, our vision is to provide seamless experience for remote access across all platforms, any device and improve cloud security model by integrating rick network services. The team you will be part of, consistently involved in writing code, design and development of scalable software. You will be owning engineering initiatives and champion a culture of high ownership, continuous improvement, and engineering excellence.
Within the first 6-12 months, what are the 2-3 most important performance goals I would be expected to complete for you to consider me successful in this role?
You will need to produce software design and execute them for new use cases for remote access solutions supporting various platforms (Windows, macOS specifically).
You will be regularly evaluated on the quality of the product you create and design to scale the current system.
What type of work will I be doing? What assignments or requirements* will I be performing on a regular basis? What are my deliverables?
- You will be building and maintaining the large scale, high availability apps.
- You will design software and write/review code in Objective-C, Swift, C++
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
Who is the hiring manager? What is your background and management style? What is the structure of the team/organization I will be working with?
This role will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Engineering. Our team's focus is on challenging the status quo by innovating but at the same time getting stuff done.
We believe in building trust amongst all our stakeholders and committing to make our customers successful.
The team is organized based on modules to define clear responsibility and accountability. At the same time teams are fluid enough to own up whatever is needed for the larger product to be successful.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
· Generous Time Off Programs
· 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
· Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
· Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
· Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
- 5+ experience in working on Objective-C, Swift, C++
- Strong computer fundamentals and OO programming concepts.
- 4+ experience in working on Network Extensions, Secure Transport, URL sessions.
- Solid understanding of iOS/macOS development ecosystems
- Experience in building and maintaining large scale, high availability apps.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in native development of desktop applications on macOS platform is a big plus.
- Experience developing with iOS or macOS SDK is a plus.
- Experience in Xcode Profiling, System Extensions, Application extensions, Keychain services
- Strong networking knowledge, TCP/IP, UDP, HTTPS etc.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top