Senior Full-Stack Engineer, VMware Carbon Black
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Predictive Security Cloud (PSC) platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black's success.
Are you a versatile web developer who's passionate about software development and thrives in a fast-paced environment? Carbon Black, a leader in cybersecurity, is hiring a Front-End Software Engineer to join our product development team.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you'll be a major part of refining and driving forward the newest generation in enterprise endpoint security. Here, you'll focus more on value delivered, not tasks completed. With a chance to write amazing code with talented peers, you'll make a huge impact on how thousands of companies and governments visualize and neutralize threats to their networks. This is where global politics meet your code and the people who it empowers. Join us to make something that matters!
What you'll do
In this role, you'll be deeply involved in the software development life cycle of designing, building, testing, and supporting the Cb Threat Hunter product. You'll also help the team to push the boundaries of what it takes to ship software. Just to name a few, these aspects include:
- Lead Initiatives to deliver major product features in a highly-scalable microservice environment, implemented on AWS.
- Contribute to product direction in design discussions.
- Collaborate with the team to build upon and improve microservices architecture.
- Designing/building new functionality and driving process improvements
- Investigating scalability, performance, and reliability
- Continuously increasing the quality of the product and team's troubleshooting ability
What you'll bring
There will be tons of opportunities for you to grow your career at Carbon Black, but we have some starting requirements we want to see in you:
- 6+ years of experience designing/building customer facing and scalable enterprise web applications
- Good expertise programming in Java / Python language
- Deep understanding of at React framework with working knowledge of Backbone.
- Experience working with UI/UX and backend teams
- Experience with unit testing methodologies
- Experience with source control management and ticketing systems
- Working knowledge of CI/CD products and practices
- Experience developing and supporting enterprise-level SaaS product including on-call activities
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top