Senior Full- Stack Engineer, PS Platforms & Apps
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Are you playing a leadership role in your team? Do you work very efficiently and routinely deliver the right things? Do you have a system-wide, architectural view of the solutions that you build, and you consistently think in terms of architecture? Are you a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning?
A close-knit team of engineers who are all eager to solve big challenges.
We have the luxury to use the latest cutting-edge technologies like Java 11, Spring 5, Angular 9 and K8s
Our software enables VMware's Services & Sales teams to be their best, delivering high-quality solutions to our customers with outstanding outcomes. We use Scrum, Kanban and test-driven development to meet business objectives, building our software incrementally, ship code continuously, and refactoring systems as needed. We strive to maintain a reasonable work-life balance on our team by setting the expectation that most work will be completed during core hours. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we'd love to hear from you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (Master Degree preferred)
- 5+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C# or related
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and product management to collect requirements, describe and clarify software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
You might also have:
- Experience in common Java frameworks such as Spring (Data, MVC, REST) and Hibernate
- Experience in container technologies
Experience in writing automated end-to-end tests with Protractor, and unit tests with Karma
- Understanding of Maven or Gradle configurations for building, testing and running applications.
- Understanding of Webpack, Gulp, Angular CLI
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top