Senior Engineering Manager
- Bangalore, India
VMware Cloud (VMC) on AWS enables customers to consume the full range of vSphere-based infrastructure products and a broad portfolio of tightly integrated VMware SaaS services, managed through a unified control plane and common infrastructure. We are on a journey to create a common infrastructure to manage VMware's core Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) products for VMC on AWS, and to extend the same to VMC on Dell EMC, VMware Partner cloud, and other SDDC solutions.
We're looking for a highly motivated Senior R&D Manager to provide oversight and technical mentorship for development projects in the areas of Life Cycle Management, Configuration Management and Certificate Management. You should have a proven software development background with experience in the successful delivery of high-quality software infrastructure management. You should be highly technical, detail oriented with a focus on implementation excellence as well as sound project management expertise.
Your primary responsibilities will be to foster the team's growth, own the team's delivery from inception through development and production and partnering closely with senior management, product managers, fellow development managers, QE, release team, and SRE teams.
If you aspire to work on industry-changing technologies and deliver high quality product that delights customers, if you are a dynamic, highly-motivated person, who is looking for professional growth and is up for the challenge, this is the place for you.
· Build and maintain a highly effective team by recruiting, mentoring and coaching a team of engineers to accomplish goals that support business objectives.
· Lead engineering execution through all phases of service lifecycle, from Architecture, Design to Operations of the service in a DevOps model.
· Work with Product Management, Release Management, QE, SRE and other engineering partners to deliver and maintain the enterprise class software solutions
· BS or MS degree in Computer Science with 10+ years of software development experience, out of which at least 4 years should be in a management role.
· Experience leading and running software development teams and projects in virtual infrastructure or datacenter management. History of significant contributions to shipped products in Individual Contributor or Leadership role.
· Experience managing and growing a high-performing software engineering team
· Experience in scalable distributed systems in Python, Go, C/C++, or Java
· Experience in delivering SaaS solutions
· Proven experience in delivering enterprise class, production quality, highly available & highly scalable software or services.
· Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment
· Ability to broadly influence and collaborate with a broad set of business, engineering and operation functions
· Ability to discuss, present, document and provide architectural and technical mentorship to a team of highly skilled engineers.
· Excellent leadership, people management, communication and documentation skills. Should be comfortable presenting to other managers, architects, stake holders, and customers as needed.
· Excellence and innovation
· Straightforwardness and open communications
· A sense of fun and an appreciation of a balanced life
· Delivery on our promises to our partners, our customers and ourselves
· passion for what we do and the value we deliver
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
This position is eligible for the JoinVMC Enhanced ERP Campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top