Senior Director, WW SaaS Operations
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
VMware is currently seeking a Senior Director, WW SaaS Operations to join our WW Operations Organization. This position reports directly to the Vice President, WW Customer Operations and will lead a team of off-shore and near-shore leaders in our existing operations located in India, Costa Rica, Ireland and US.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the Strategy and delivery for SaaS Operations services. Within which meet all global SLA requirements across experience, quality, efficiency and cost
- Define, implement and communicate global standards for SaaS Billing Operations
- Develop and implement initiatives around process efficiency, revenue integrity and customer experience for SaaS Billing Operations
- Define and establish new technologies in support of the nearshore / offshore technology strategy in close partnership Business Transformation & Automation, Enterprise Data Analytics, and CDTO teams
- Work with business leaders to define, develop and execute solutions that are scalable, secure, cost-effective, uniform and transferrable to all shared service centers that support business continuity.
- Operate with business sponsors, information security, enterprise resiliency, business continuity, legal, and technology teams to ensure that SaaS operational requirements are represented and incorporated into standard solutions
- Lead multi-functional teams in development of solutions that enable work to be transferred and performed in our SaaS commerce operations in a scalable, secure, cost-effective, uniform, and re-usable way
- Work with appropriate business leads analysts to define requirements for new business activities and M&A integration activities aligned to M&A Plans of Record.
- Define & execute risk-based security policy and information protection controls
- Define Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements for all processes managed by SaaS operations focusing on deduplication, root cause elimination and issue resolution versus turnaround times and volume processing.
- Help the organization identify and prioritize core, critical, and commodity processes to help with the decision making process of where the process execution should reside.
- 12+ years of experience in technology consulting services, operations and business processes, preferably in offshore or nearshore environments
- Deep understanding of SaaS Billing systems and policies, and the impact of upstream and downstream activity on revenue recognition
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, Masters Degree preferred
- Well versed in technology, strategy development and implementation
- Experience working with onshore and offshore IT teams and ability to travel to VMware shared services locations (Bangalore & Pune India, San Jose Costa Rica, and Cork Ireland , Travel 15% depending on location)
- Excellent verbal/written communication, collaboration, analytical and presentation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and team work
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Strong communications, change management and stakeholder engagement success
- Act as a thought leader in developing hypotheses on opportunities to improve our performance and our overall strategy
- Understand/experience with business operations across key functions (e.g., R&D, Sales, Support, IT, Finance, etc.) in an Enterprise Software context, particularly the challenges and opportunities related to SaaS
- Must be able to set goals and participate in strategic initiatives for a team and foster the development of high performance and diverse teams and interface with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to participate in development of resource plans and structures and influence organizational priorities and issue resolution
- Ability to inspire team with a clear vision and purpose.
- Preferably certified in either Six Sigma or LEAN Methodologies
- Prior experience in forecasting and resource planning is preferred
- Experience of task prioritization, workload and escalation management
- Hands on experience of meaningful operational reporting and data analysis
- Proven track record of successfully working across global teams, understanding of how to navigate and manage culturally diverse and inclusive teams
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top