Senior Director, Worldwide Sales Enablement Center of Excellence
- Los Angeles, CA
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT.
The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the leader in the multi-cloud enterprise era. VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Our Worldwide Readiness & Customer Education (WWRACE) team is looking for a Senior Director to manage a team of Global Sales and Sales Specialist Enablement Managers.
This is a highly consultative and collaborative global role in which you will consult with VMware leadership teams in all geographies to identify skill gaps, make solutions enablement recommendations, and lead technical enablement execution for VMware Sales Global organizations in order to drive business outcomes. In this role, you represent WWRACE at the sales leadership table.
The leader will be responsible for a significant degree of cross functional collaboration across the WWRACE organization, as well as with business units, sales and technical marketing, global events, and other groups. Through these engagements the team will collaborate to develop a plan to support the development, delivery, and assessment of education and enablement for all VMware sales & solutions, sales methodology/tools, professional skills development, and other enablement related programs. This position requires your flexibility to create and implement education and enablement across all aspects of the sales process as well as direct a global team in a fast-paced, growing environment.
Your leadership role within the WWRACE Team has global responsibility for Sales and sales-related field development (sales specialist, renewals, etc.), independent planning, program managing, and driving enablement for driving to our multi-cloud and SaaS acceleration.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with senior executives at VMware to understand the current and future need for field enablement for all roles of Sales related staff.
- Work with the WWRACE Content Development teams to assess organizational knowledge, skills, and competencies by role, identify training gaps, and develop training plans by content area, staff roles, and regions.
- Plan and drive sales enablement programs globally, to meet field sales priorities and corporate strategic imperatives alignment.
- Identify key operational metrics and track performance of the CoE against strategic and tactical objectives and remove enablement roadblocks to success.
- Develop, execute, and run key operational processes to prioritize and balance training time against staff utilization targets.
- Conduct QBRs with primary partners. Act as the POC for standard enablement bill of materials to ensure WWRACE standards are met.
- Direct strategy and learning path direction for integrated solutions (vs products) enablement and be a change agent.
- Understanding that from vision to completion, all programs should be instrumented to report both learning happiness, application of learning on the job, and most importantly, measurable business impact.
- Maintain the budget for the organization to +/-1% accuracy.
- Create strategic direction and content oversight for VMware WW Sales Kick off globally.
- Travel globally up to 50%.
- 10 years of sales enablement leadership experience in the Enterprise Software or Services Industry.
- 5+ years of enterprise field sales experience
- Lead virtual and geographically diverse teams in disparate time zones (Americas, EMEA, & APJ).
- History of success in leading sales enablement initiatives, product launch initiatives, leadership development, Kick-Off events and training evaluation.
- Ability to run multiple projects at a time and complete those projects on time while effectively demonstrating the ability to influence others and accomplish goals within a matrixed environment.
- Strong communication skills to ensure effective delivery of content and material developed by the Content Development teams and delivered by the sales delivery teams.
- Executive presence is a fundamental requirement, with capability to present clear and concise business plans with confidence to all levels of management.
- Experience in global leadership roles and multi-cultural engagements a plus.
- Leadership in a SaaS Technology Sales organization a plus.
Home Office - Anywhere in the United States
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top