Senior Director, Product Management, VMware Cloud Foundation
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative aim is to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. We are a passionate and innovative group of people inspired by the opportunity to learn and contribute something back to the broader community.
Job Role and Responsibility
Are you passionate about building great products? Do you want to drive a high impact business?
VMware is seeking a seasoned and proven product management leader to own and drive the product strategy, product roadmap, take a customer centric approach to develop new product capabilities, and deliver customer deployment success for VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF). VCF is VMware's award-winning solution for private and hybrid clouds and is currently in exponential growth mode. It integrates compute, storage, networking, security, cloud management, and Kubernetes services.
In this role, you will lead, manage and continue to build teams of high performing product managers, working closely with engineering, user experience, product / technical marketing, sales, professional services, and support to accelerate the momentum of VCF. The role requires a person with strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills who can manage a growing solution, as well as innovate to develop new markets and opportunities.
Product Managers are the CEOs of their products and are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines. Product Managers possess business acumen as well as engineering wherewithal in order to be strategize, drive and bring their product to market. Product Managers work extensively with customers while working cross functionally with Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Corporate Marketing and Alliance Partners in order to successfully prioritize features and develop the products that our customers need.
- 10 years in product management, product/technical marketing or solutions architecture
- Experience on enterprise software solutions
- Track record on building and guiding high-caliber teams
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field with MS. MBA a plus.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills characterized by clarity and brevity
- Dynamic and engaging speaker at ease in front of audiences of all sizes and backgrounds
- Cross functional team management, influence without authority, including senior management and partners.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills and a natural predisposition toward data-based decision-making, but still able to make judgment calls in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of what's most important
- Provide direction and vision while never forgetting that you're a team player. Sought after for advice, counsel and judgment.
- Willing to travel up to 20% time
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top