Senior Director - Field Commerce Executive
- Puteaux, France
Field Commerce Executive -Senior Director
VMware is seeking a Senior Leader to work with its Worldwide Field Commerce Team. The team is responsible for shaping some of the largest and most complex deals in the industry ensuring customer success on their Digital Transformation.
VMware is extending the reach of the Field Commerce Executives Team. We are building on the success of the current Team who drive large & complex deals acting as core part of VMware. This role will compliment a small focused executive team providing insight and guidance during CXO conversations that are both credible and creative based on real life industry experience.
The key deliverable is to increase major deals by focusing on business value whilst building strategic relationships at CXO level within customers. In addition, the role is expected to help create, shape and evolve a commercial function to elevate the value and conversations VMware brings to organizations globally.
The Field Commerce Executive Team is pivotal in combining business strategies with complex commercial and technical constructs bringing value to the customer as well as VMware. The role will involve agility and flexibility from a commercial perspective whilst ensuring rigorous governance and control mechanisms.
The Field Commerce Executive will be charged with engaging at CXO level, presenting to boards where appropriate to help organisations understand the value and business benefit VMware brings. The successful candidate will have a senior background with a strong tech industry network. The Field Commerce Executive must demonstrate experience in delivering major transformation deals including IT Operations, Outsourcing, Offshoring and commercial models.
The role will report into the Global commercial solutions executive supporting EMEA primarily in addition to assisting globally where appropriate.
- Ensure an increase in value for delivery of complex deals by ensuring key CXO stakeholders are fully engaged and aware of the value of Vmware
- Support pipeline creation for major deals globally ($10m+) ensuring current and future targets are exceeded
- Shape and build a Global Commercial team with the other FCE (Field Commerce execs) to ensure the capability scales and will deliver significant value.
- Create commercial structures focussed on customer needs to enable strong growth supporting customer value in all deals.
- Support GAM's and other senior enterprise sales leads offering the customer perspective providing constructive feedback to help develop capability and understanding.
- Create and manage a programmatic capability including all relevant artefacts to help scale this capability
- Establish and embed customer business case templates to assist in the execution and promotion of complex deals
- Experienced Senior Executive with an embedded background in the Tech Industry.
- CXO experience in major global organisations
- Large scale Programme, Operational and cost reduction experience within major organisations
- Strong commercial acumen capable of creating, developing and challenging transformational business cases.
- Senior leader and highly motivated who takes initiative and drives through strategy to execution
- Highly trusted individual with industry reputation who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
- Solid business acumen which appropriately balances creativity, entrepreneurship and risk taking
- Confident communicator, both written and oral
- Strong control mechanisms combined with open communication style to ensure issues are highlighted, communicated and resolved quickly
- BA/BSc degree or higher preferred
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire Datacentre to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined Datacentre to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top