Senior Director, Federal Sales (National Security/ DHS/DOJ)
- Reston, VA
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 Enterprise and Government, Education and Healthcare customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
The Senior Director, Federal Sales (National Security/ DHS/DOJ), is a sales management role responsible for leading a sales team of 8 to 12 highly skilled, seasoned sales individuals consisting of Senior Client Executives. The ideal candidate for this position will have a deep understanding the mission objectives of the client space and have existing relationship in place with leadership, both at the CXO and Program Executive level. The candidate must be aneffective senior sales leader, a self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction, and a highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team. He/she will be actively involved in the entire customer sales cycle. The sales related responsibilities of this candidate may include business development, requirements gathering, leading the development of value-added solutions, articulating VMware's point of view and value proposition, and conducting sales presentations to C-level customer executives.
• Reports to a VP, Federal Sales and will be responsible for building and managing a 8-10-person sales team
Develop and maintain a strong executive call plan / relationship w/ the CXO's & Program level leader, for the account set.
• Develop and maintain an executive relationship w/ the FSI leaders who align to the programs inside the client space
Ability to develop and maintain a Go-to-Market coverage plan. Ensure that all aspects of the client are properly covered, and resources are allocated based on the target addressable market opportunity
• Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to build a complex sales strategy to ensure both short- and long-term goals, objectives and quotas
• Act as the front-line executive who recruits, hires, develops, coaches, and manages a high performing NS/DHS/DOJ sales team
• Generally, splits time 40 - 60 between managing a team and customer interfacing calls
• Compose complex proposals and accurate forecasts.
• Manages all aspects of the territory: opportunity, pipeline development/progression, forecasting and reporting
• Maintains Operational Excellence in forecasting and pipeline
• Works closely with new, as well as established, channel partners to generate new business opportunities
• Works collaboratively across all VMware business units and business partners (Value added resellers, FSI and Solutions providers) while identifying new areas of strategic domestic and international business growth and partnership opportunities between our organizations
• Work closely with the Sr. Director of Channel Sales and Director of Inside Sales to ensure that Partner and Inside Sales teams are providing sufficient support and on-track to contribute to achieving bookings and pipeline goals
• Must hold an active TS/SCI Clearance
• 15+ years of sales experience in the IT industry, preferable in Enterprise software
• 8+ years of high-level management experience of 7 or more direct reports in a fast paced, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment within the Federal Government Market
• Experience in leading a $100M Federal business.
• 8 + years' experience in Face-to-face Opportunity Identification, Selling to Data Center Executives, Leveraging Partners/Solution Providers, Business Case and Proposal
· 5+ years of experience in the positioning and selling of Cloud, Mobility and data center solutions.
• Minimum of 10 years in quota carrying sales role with demonstrated achievement
• Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
• Extensive experience negotiating large 7-figure deals with extremely complex terms, conditions, price pressures and considerations
• History of coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Systems Engineers, Inside Sales Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Partner/Channel and Overlay Specialists teams.
• BA/BS degree or higher is preferred
• Ability to travel 50% of the time
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
This position is eligible for the JoinFedLeadership referral campaign.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top