Senior DevOps Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
For the second year, VMware SD-WAN™ by VeloCloud® leads the WAN Edge Infrastructure market, continuing to be placed furthest in Completeness of Vision and highest in Ability to Execute. VeloCloud, now part of VMware is the only complete solution with all the key elements of a Cloud-Delivered WAN. VeloCloud dramatically simplifies the WAN by delivering virtualized services from the cloud to branch offices and mobile users everywhere. VeloCloud services deliver enterprise grade performance, visibility and control over both Internet and private networks, combining the economy of the Internet with the flexibility of the cloud. More information is available at http://www.velocloud.com
Do you love to make new things, design and develop technologies that will be used by legions of people? Do you want to learn about new groundbreaking networking and cloud technologies in a hands-on, fun and exhilarating environment? Then come join us. We pay as much attention to building a culture of fast learning in a fun and trustworthy environment as we do to building our products.
Learn Fast, Trust each other, Have Fun. That embodies the culture of VeloCloud by VMware.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will design, implement and manage workflows to automate the build and delivery of the Velocloud SD-WAN products and services. Candidates must be well-versed in networking , Linux systems management and virtualization technologies, especially as it relates to Cloud Service Providers, Private Clouds and Datacenter infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in delivering software using a GitOps approach. Proficiency with scripting languages and orchestration tools is also paramount.
- Influence the reliability of delivering product, with a keen interest in Networking, Containers and SaaS
- Architect, design, implement SaaS for Cloud alongside CI/CD automation pipelines
- Work closely with the engineering teams to deliver tooling and infrastructure to improve product quality
- Provision services and virtualized network functions through DevOps orchestration tools
Mentor junior engineers on SaaS development and delivery
Skills & Requirements
- BS Computer Science preferred
- More than three years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role). Experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Recent experience managing SaaS infrastructure using AWS and GCP Services. Experience with Azure and Alibaba SaaS services, is a plus
Admin level understanding of CentOS, Ubuntu & Fedora Linux OS
- Expertise with Git version control and tools implementation.
- Strong experience with databases such as MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo
- Hands-on experience with following orchestration tools: Jenkins, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Containers, Microservices architecture
Deployment of monitoring tools: Grafana/Prometheus and VMware Wavefront
- Good understanding of networking protocols
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Knowledge of VMware products, is a plus
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to establish rapport and credibility and clearly articulate problem statements
- Detail oriented, good at follow-through
- Strong drive to make a difference and track record of accomplishment
- High personal and professional standards of ethics and integrity
Ability and willingness to assist people from other departments to advance company goals
We are a team of doers and makers and believe in a diverse, egalitarian work environment. Our cultural emphasis on Learn Fast, Trust Each Other and Have Fun has allowed us to build a crack team of "A" players. We promise you will have a whale of a time working with us and our channel partners and customers. Come Learn With Us.
VeloCloud by VMware is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All applicants will be treated fairly and given equal opportunity in all aspects of the employment, including compensation and benefits, irrespective of their race, color, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or ethnic origin.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top