Senior Developer - VMware Pivotal Labs
Ready to build? So are we. Come join VMware's new and exciting Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU) team, made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications. We build applications with velocity to run in a cloud-native environment, run open-source Kubernetes with consistency, and manage our customers' entire footprint with confidence to help them achieve their business outcomes.
What You'll Be Doing
This is a consulting role that demands being able to work collaboratively with clients and colleagues on cross-functional product teams. The role demands strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, technical fluency, empathy, humility and an appreciation for and understanding of lean startup, agile and user-centered design values, principles and practices.
Required Skills / Experiences
- 8+ years of Software Development experience in a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks
- Ability to travel at a minimum of 50% to client locations
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and infrastructure as a service
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications
- Strong architecture skills, able to present ideas and implement designs to meet the needs of customers
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
- Strong teamwork skills, able to collaborate with other roles on a product team
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Experience building and deploying in a continuous delivery environment
- A DevOps automation background is a big plus
- Experience working directly with clients, leading projects, and mentoring engineers
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top