"Senior Developer in Horizon Windows Optimization - Opportunity for Working Remotely"
- Los Angeles, CA
The world is in the midst of a transformation. Enterprises across the globe are turning to software to change the way business is done. Today, in this device and application driven world, companies are laser-focused on empowering teams by tailoring their businesses to their employees' digital behaviors. This is where we lead the way.
In VMware End User Computing (EUC), we build solutions that customize, simplify, and automate the employees' digital experience at work to help them achieve more. Our Workspace ONE platform provides every employee with the agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud, at any time. At the core of our business is our end-users; and everything we do is motivated around them and their experience.
Role and Responsibility
Our team is seeking a skilled engineer to own key features and components of our Horizon product. You will get to work on some of the more challenging and interesting problems building on VMware's production-proven platform. Enabling the digital workspace transformation means developing solutions to allow users to access content from anywhere on any device, and you will be tasked with designing and implementing those solutions to run across the spectrum of devices and systems. This role will focus on optimizing our interaction with the Windows operating system, digging into the ins and outs of the OS, and how our product can best coexist.
- Stay current and investigate new Windows OS updates and research how it impacts a VDI soluiton.
- Bring broad technical experience, creative problem-solving skills, a passion for technology and coding, and a healthy dose of self-motivation.
- Work at a fast pace and fail fast
- Building software with great user experience using your knowledge in building distributed systems, blended with a strong systems background.
- Take projects from inception and design through to delivery.
- Show strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in software development using C/C++
- Experience with object-oriented design and multi-threaded programming
- Experience in the development of end-user focused applications
- Knowledge of Windows OS internals
- Experience in the development of large distributed software systems at scale
- Exposure to testing and deployment tools and CI/CD (Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with developing automated tests, such as unit tests
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines - MS or PhD preferred
- Experience with various hypervisor solutions (vSphere, HyperV, etc.)
- Cross platform development experience on Windows, Linux, OS X, iOS, or Android
- Reverse engineering with either kernel or user mode assembly debugging
- Understanding of display protocols, such as RDP
- Device communication protocols and drivers (USB, printers, etc.)
- Experience in providing APIs and SDK for third-party developers
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top