Senior Datacenter Operations Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
Are you passionate about developing cloud service on AWS? Do you want to be a part of the exploding Edge and IoT market? Want to get in a ground level to develop VMware's edge computing solution. Our team is looking for a talented, passionate engineer to join the team.
With the advent of IOT, edge computing is emerging as new frontier to blend the physical and virtual world, and enable new ways of solving problems, and deliver new experiences not available before. As industry shifts from centralized intelligence to distributed edge intelligence, edge computing presents great opportunities for growth and innovation. As the leader of private, public and hybrid cloud, VMware is extending its offering to the edges, and bringing benefits of cloud to the edge. In addition to managing edge environments, we are extending to managing on-prem customer data-centers.
As a member of our team, you will play a key role in understanding customer use cases and defining the end-to-end behavior of the solution. This solution will involve developing a highly scalable SaaS service, an easy to use on-prem hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) with industry-leading software defined networking solution, NSX and also include our SD-WAN solution, Velocloud.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience managing large scale virtualized data center environment.
- Proficient in Datacenter Networking, SD-WAN technologies like VMWare Velo Cloud and NSX
- Solid background in Linux based systems administration, networking and troubleshooting distributed environment.
- Proficient in Python and other scripting languages.
- Experience with vmware technologies, such as vSphere, ESX, vSAN and/or NSX in a Datacenter environment
- Worked in a large scale distributed environments, and resolved issues with automation.
- Handled customers escalations, production outages/incidents and oncall responsibilities in supporting 4x9 uptime of the services.
- Proficiency in modern software architecture using CI/CD, Micro Services, Infrastructure-as-Code and other DevOps techniques.
- Experience in automating, orchestrating and running large scale IaaS systems.
- Datacenter management certification such as CCNA, vSphere Professional and NSX-T Professional is nice to have.
- Experience with automation tools like Jenkins, GitLab CI
- Proficiency and experience with VMware Products, like VMware Cloud on AWS, vSphere, vSAN, NSX
- Knowledge and experience in implementing software defined networking and cloud networking like VPCs, VPN, IP-Sec Tunnels, and implementing networking in virtualized environments
- Knowledge of L2/L3 Networking protocols, Routing Protocol integration(OSPF, BGP, Multicast), MPLS, Security concepts(IKE, IPSeC, PKI), WAN optimization techniques and QoS fundamentals.
- Experience in configuration or management of network switches
- Proficiency and experience with VMware Products like NSX, Velocloud is a huge plus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top