Senior Data Scientist
Become a Lead Data Scientist on VMware's Enterprise Data & Analytics (EDA) team! We are looking for a strong technical data scientist to develop and apply state-of-the-art data science solutions to drive business optimization & transformation across the core VMware business units, Marketing, and R&D functions. You would be responsible for executing our strategic data science, machine learning and deep learning roadmap for these functions, leveraging both operational and human-generated datasets.
This role will be based in Palo Alto, California
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Developing machine learning/deep learning models to discover and predict trends in customer behavior, marketing campaigns, customers' journey experiences, product development quality and etc.
- Tackling highly challenging but interesting data problems, from data cleaning to feature extractions, to model design and selections, validation and test, and productization of data science solutions in iterations.
- Collaborating with fellow data scientists in finding patterns and business insights within structured and unstructured data.
- Working side-by-side with your business partner and stakeholders to understand, process map, and solve complex business problems through the lens of data science.
- Continuous researching and prototyping state-of-the-art deep learning algorithms to apply to our business problems.
- Presenting/communicating results across the stakeholder organization.
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience as a hand-on data scientist on high-performing analytics teams.
- Solid fundamentals, knowledge of supervised, unsupervised machine learning and deep learning algorithms, such as classifiers, cluster analysis, dimension reduction, regression, CNN, RNN, DQN, temporal difference methods
- An expert in at least one of the machine learning frameworks - Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc, as well as programming language such as python, Java, and statistical tools such as R
- Passion in reaching a deep understanding of business problems and solving them by applying machine learning solutions.
- Highly motivated, team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong communication and collaboration skills. Leadership skills to guide the team to master new technologies and clearly communicate results to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Comfortable collaborating with cross-geo teams.
- Strong understanding of the deployment of data science models in enterprise B2B technology environments.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math, or similar disciplines.
- Proficiency in big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark or Fllink etc, and parallelization tools in enterprise Big Data Platform stack, technologies, and ecosystem is a strong plus.
- Strong understanding of enterprise master data, data governance a strong plus.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top