Senior Consultant - SDDC
- Moscow, Russia
Why work for VMware PSO?
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. We are dedicated to the satisfaction and success of our customers and their Software-Defined Datacenter (SDDC) strategy. We ensure that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning software-defined datacenter.
We are committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest Infrastructure-, Platform-, and Container-as-a-Service technologies. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a fun, dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey. We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) certification.
As a Senior Consultant you work closely with Enterprise and GB Customers on large scale datacenter automation and cloud projects. You produce best of breed technical designs incorporating VMware and relating products to fulfill Customer requirements. You take technical leadership on integrating and automating the IT landscape using VMware products.
You are an advanced level technology specialist passionate about datacenter and cloud automation. You have advanced competencies in infrastructure or network virtualization, business critical and cloud native applications, data center operations, end user computing and/or public cloud.
- You are responsible for leading workshops and consulting engagements to critical VMware customers
- You are a trusted advisor to our Customers
- You conduct pre-packaged VMware consulting solutions in a timely and effective manner
- You take ownership of business outcomes of automation projects
- You craft detailed design documents and perform hands-on implementation work
- You work with our project managers on project budget and all aspects of efficient delivery
- You provide technical feedback to our projects in a pre-sales stage
- You advise and consult internal groups by providing accurate effort estimations
- You actively drive development of standard methodologies, intellectual property capture and creation, quality assurance, and peer reviews
Skills & Experience:
- VMware virtual infrastructure deployment, management and administration: vSphere/vCenter Operations Manager, SRM, vCloud Automation Center, vCenter Orchestrator with CIM experience
- Understanding of modern IT production data centre and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations as well as modern IT infrastructure and hosting operation (Disaster recovery, SLA, Backup, Multi Site, Monitoring, AD & DNS)
- Experience in customer-facing positions as a consultant, administrator or engineer, preferably within a system integrator, consulting organization or IT provider
- Experience in deploying and documenting the relevant product sets as set out in the Technical Skills section
- Superb interpersonal skills and fluent in English communication
- Cross Operating System knowledge, getting at least administrator experience in both Linux and Windows world
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time within Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Practical software development experience using Java & Spring
- Experienced in Agile Project Methods
- VMware Certified Professional in Datacenter Virtualization or Cloud Management & Automation
- OpenStack experience
- Container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) or Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Strong application software development for one or more of the Linux, Unix (e.g. Solaris), Windows NT, and Windows 2000 operating systems. Systems programming or OS internal level skills would be an advantage
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top