Senior Consultant - NSX - Qatar
As a PSO Senior Consultant NSX, you help the customers get up and running fast, minimize risk, and deliver the business outcome from strategy to implementation to optimization. You bring deep experience to facilitate the customer's evolution towards emerging technology solutions, sharpening their edge in today's complex digital world. You understand the business and technical requirements, contribute to the best architecture designs, and deploy the solutions using a methodological approach.
You are a specialist passionate about infrastructure and network virtualization with a broad understanding of either storage systems, business critical and cloud-native applications, data center operations, end-user computing or public clouds.
We work in enterprise markets and offer solutions scale with millions of objects. We consult the top Fortune 500 companies in the world on services such as Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, IT services Delivery, Automation, Orchestration and Management of Cloud infrastructure.
- Assessing client's network infrastructure and the VMware Software-define Datacentre solution portfolio
- Understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer's physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures.
- Plan virtualized network infrastructure rollouts and migrations with a particular focus on NSX-T
- Hands-on implementation of NSX for enterprise and service provider customers.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends.
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in network virtualization and cloud computing.
- Independently conduct small to medium engagements with customers.
- Work in a team of consultants to design and implement sophisticated SDDC solutions comprising the entire VMware product stack
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware vRealize Suite product stack and Cloud concepts
- Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware "productized" consulting service offerings and enhancements to our methodology, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
Required Skills And Attributes
- Experience in customer-facing positions as an Architect or Professional Services Consultant, preferably with an IT consulting firm, Networking Vendor or Systems Integrator.
- Provide technical leadership and act as the lead point of contact for all technical matters and escalations related to Network & Security Infrastructure
- Proven track record of successful enterprise networking project delivery.
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences including Network Architects.
- Understand DataCentre networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed, both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based, EVPNs, VRF-LITE and BGP.
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Ability to work independently or work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be comfortable with up to 65% travel when required.
- Full clean driving license
- A high level of energy and enthusiasm
Certification and Education
- CCDP, CCNP, VCP-NV or similar required. Ideally you hold a JNCIE or CCIE ( R/S, Security or DC) AND VCIX-NV certification.
- Experience with vSphere
- Bachelor's degree as a minimum in CS/EE or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, vRealize Automation, vCloud Director (vCD).
- Experience with Load Balancers AVI, F5,Citrix, GSLB and WAF.
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco's ACI Architecture, Juniper QFX, VXLAN and Leaf and Spine next generation underlay fabrics
- Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework.
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
- Applications are considered both from individuals currently working in the physical networking space who would like to move into the Network Virtualization and those already working within Network Virtualization/SDN.
If you are highly qualified in physical or virtual networking you should apply
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top