Senior Consultant, Federal
- Reston, VA
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
*** "This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and therefore any offer will be contingent upon verification of both of these requirements"
Job Role and Responsibility
As a VMware Sr. Consultant you will provide customers technical leadership in the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware products and services. These services include Operational Readiness, Business Continuance, Disaster Recovery, and Storage, and IT services Delivery.
- You will conduct enterprise engagements with customers
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- Conduct pre-packaged VMware consulting solutions
- You will assist in the development of standard reusable VMware "productized" consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks and standard estimates
- You will help to document standard methodologies in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- Active Security Clearance - TS/SCI CI Polygraph or Full Scope Polygraph (FSP) is Required
- 10+ years of customer-facing experience with Federal customers
- Technical knowledge of any VMware products and/or Virtualization Automation
- Experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments
- VCP6 certifications
- Demonstrated experience with VMware technology
- Experience with Federal Intelligence Community customers
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top