Senior Consultant, Automation
- Puteaux, France
As a VMware Automation Senior Consultant within the global PSO Organization, will provide customers technical leadership in the installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware products and technologies. You will be responsible for executing projects independently and implementing technical solutions based on Cloud computing (server and desktop), automation and management VMware products.
The PSO team is a phenomenal, dynamic and fun team, always thrilled to welcome new colleagues. We work with our peers from in France, in Europe and in the global organization in an excellent atmosphere to foster people development and value creation for our customers.
What can you expect in this role?
As a technology specialist, empowered to independently conduct small to medium engagements with customers, you will take part of large projects with major customer, within Cloud Automation projects. Some of your future assignments:
- Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line
- You conduct pre-packaged VMware consulting solutions in a timely and effective manner
- Work in a diverse team of consultants to implement sophisticated SDDC solutions comprising VMware product stack
- Assist in the development of standard and reusable VMware "productized" consulting service offerings and improvements to our methodology, including definition of tasks, expectations and standard estimates
- You help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by customers and partners
- You build and maintain confidence of colleagues and customers
- You actively participate in PSO team meeting by presenting technical project or new product
- Lead consultant tasks and priorities in cloud project
- Mentoring of cloud and automation consultant
- Keep up-to-date on VMware technologies (self-trainings and corporate boot-camps)
- Become a trusted advisor for your customers and your colleagues
- Contribute in recruiting new cloud/automation consultant
- Assist in scoping engagement during services presales process
- You may travel up to 50 percent of the time, including international; the role, responsibilities and geographical focus will change and develop over time along with the company's rapid growth
What are the critical skills required to succeed?
- 3+ years of experience in customer-facing positions as a consultant, administrator or engineer, preferably within a system integrator, consulting organization or IT provider
- Familiarity with modern IT infrastructure and hosting operation (Disaster recovery, SLA, Backup, Multi Site, Monitoring, AD & DNS...)
- Proven expertise on VMware Virtual Infrastructure Deployment, Management & Administration: vSphere/vCenter is a strict minimum, vCenter Operations Manager, SRM, vCloud Automation Center, vCenter Orchestrator, vCloud
- Cross Operating System knowledge, getting at least administrator experience in both Linux and Windows world
- Strong application software development for one or more of the Linux, Unix (e.g. Solaris), Windows NT, and Windows 2000 operating systems. Systems programming or OS internal level skills would be an advantage
- Understanding of modern IT production data centre and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations
- A good practical understanding of Web- based application development, including cgi-bin, and Apache or IIS server platforms
- Aptitude to contribute, grow and evolve with the team
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- VMware VCP is required
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and French is required
Anything else that may be valuable?
- Experience with VMware vRealize Orchestrator and vRealize Automation is a strength
- Experience with another orchestrator (HP OO, MS SystemCenter Orchestrator,Cisco Tidal Enterprise Orchestrator, BMC Atrium Orchestrator) is considered a plus
- Perl, Python or any other programming/scripting skills desired; programming in C/C++ and Unix shell are also an advantage
- Experience in Operation management methods and products
Equal Opportunity Statement
- We truly believe in the Power of Human Difference. At VMware, we celebrate our people from a wide variety of dynamic backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We deliver transformative IT solutions by building a community that is inclusive and diverse. The passion and collaboration you will find in joining the team is what makes this opportunity one of the most attractive in the market.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top